1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not yet but I'm going to. I had a full termi system and a 7000 mile service and 2 new tires brake the bank. Also got some new mirrors and lights for the front but I'm hesitating on the rear end. I really want to find a half chop for the rear before I buy any lights just in case I find something totally different.

However, I did find other threads about these lights in this forum or in the mods forum about these exact lights. I guess I missed it first time I scanned through.

Anyway I'll post about them when I get them. And if you get them first lmk:)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have one of these and really like the look of it. Friends have me that if I turn while trail braking the flashing of the brake light and the indicator gets a bit confusing but works because it draws attention.

Keep in mind that they are strictly illegal, well they are here in Australia anyway. I have been pulled over for a RBT and the cop said "you know you really shouldn't have the lights like that". He left it at that though so I guess it depends on where you live and which cop you get.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got one for a Buell (because of the integrated license plate led's) from a seller on ebay. The quality is very good. And it fit perfectly and did not need any strange wiring fixes like resistors.

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
I got one but I have only tested the brake light. Fit and install were easy. Didnt know this but in order for the left & right turn signals to work you have to have the motor tunning...maybe it needs the extra juice. I'll test the turn portion when I'm done with my carb rebuild.

But for just the brake light portion I like it. The flashes and solid brake does draw attention...which I think is a great idea since motorcycles do not have a seperate brake light like cars.

My only concern is getting a ticket but its a fair trade considering you increase your signaling notification to others and thus safety.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I just called moto about the new tail light for the 696 and they said to call back next month. Seems there was a problem with the product and they have to work it out. Hope they get it done soon. I was looking at the moto tail light and the supanova, but the nova is no longer available.

I was going to wait to put the tail kit and light on at the same time, but i'm impatient. I should get the evotech tail kit in a day or two. Then I got my 650 mile service sat. Is $200 a good price for the first oil change?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts