Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone use/have any recommendations for LED tail lights? I'd be looking for something that looks fairly stock and possibly oscillates for a few seconds before going steady when braking?

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
The most popular is made by 'clear alternatives' They offer them in a couple flavors, and they work great. As far as i know, they don't offer versions that oscillates before going solid. But, you might root around on Aerostitchs site - they have a number of light modulators and such.

I don't have a modulator, but I run a 'stopper' 2nd brake light at the bottom of my plate. It only illuminates when the brake is acivated, so it does a good job of changing the look of the back of the bike wihen I hit the brakes.

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yuu, what color do you have? They don't have red, seems to me the clear one would be pretty useless during the day.

·
Registered
124 Posts
dcal said:
yuu, what color do you have? They don't have red, seems to me the clear one would be pretty useless during the day.
It's just an LED board. You use your existing brake light cover. Or, you can pick up one for a Buell that has a clear bottom to use for the license plate.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
The LEDs are red - and I have a clear lens. The 'on' state for teh brakes is impessivly bright and pretty easily seen. Though you could easily use the stock red lens - if you've still got the plate illuminator that was under the beer tray - you won't need that buell lens w/ the clear bottom.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Rotten Randy said:
My brake light can do all sorts of stuff including the oscillation you speak of. Crappy site but here you go:http://www.hightechspeed.com/
Do they have a board for the Monster? I looked over the site, and the Monster links just bring you back to the front page.

Can you give some details? These seem pretty swank... I might have to trade up...

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
There are all kinds of combinations that you can choose from. I have mine programmed to flicker right when I put my brakes on, then it goes solid. I have my turn signals programmed to look like the old Cougar turn signals. You can also program your running light to flicker, look like the Silons on Battlestar Galactica, just about anything you'd want. I actually haven't programmed it but when you press the buttons it scrolls you through all of the preprogrammed options.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Definetly more costy than the CA boards, but when you take into consideration the cost and hassle of working in an oscillator module to the mix - it's not that bad. And the ability to much with the settings is cool.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts