Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have a 1999 Monster 600, where I have replaced the entire instrument cluster. I want to use a LED as Fuel low warning light, but because it doesn’t have the same resistant as the stock bulb, the LED is always on.
I bought the 82 Ohm resistor from Motogadget, that I installed in parallel with the LED, but it’s still always on.
Does anyone know what resistor size would work?
Regards Thomas

· Registered
1 Posts
This is months after-the-fact, and someone with an electrical Cert, please correct me if I am wrong... but you want that resistor in series, not parallel (one path, not two)
To increase resistance you need to make the current flow through one and then the other, so it must to go through both...
In Parallel the current can flow through both at the same time, which actually lowers the resistance iirc.
re-connect that resistor so that it comes before the LED, or after the LED, and then you should get better results.

-Ian

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Ian
I did get it to work in the end, but thanks anyways. I can't recall the solution, but I think the resistor had to be before the LED and not behind. That made a difference.

Regards Thomas

1 - 3 of 3 Posts