Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to little draw, or to much draw? cant get them to blink... If i run them only front, or only rear with the opposite end being standard bulds they work but with both ends LED they are very dim and wont blink>>???

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
It would have to be too little draw. Those things only use maybe 10 milliamps a piece, where an incandescant buld bulb uses almost half an amp each. I would assume they have a resistor built into them somewhere or they would have burnt out when you put power to them, but I would think they should still be bright. If they are just single led's I would use them somewhere else and get actual bulbs. If they are the led bulb clusters with the standard base, and you are using them in the stock blinkers, I would call the manufacturer 'cause they should work just fine. I've got the led tail light with integrated blinkers, and there are probably 60 led's in the assembly, I just found a new one for $45.00 from 'racerunion' I've never heard of them, but it looks like the one I've got. Just google 'ducati monster led tail light'. With something like that out back, I don't think you'd have any problems with what you're using up front.

·
Registered
186 Posts
It would be better off to go with a flasher relay that takes less amperage to open and close the circuit, than go with additional load resistors. The load resistors will work, but in the end the additional impedance will be that of the original incandescent bulbs and have the same current draw. You can find a flasher relay with a lower load requirement such as .005 mA and be fine with your LED's plus you won't have the added heat from the load equalizers/resistors.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It all depends which LED's you bought? Some LEDS - are crap, and thats it -
Even high quality ones require some type of relay because the stock wiring isn't equipped to communicate with LED's- do you have the LED's wired through an LED Relay?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts