Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a leather joe rocket blaster jacket that has a very stiff collar. It's so annoying that I rarely ride with the collar buttons snapped, which is a PITA on cold rides. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can soften this collar up?

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Another trick that might help is to hang it in the window on a sunny day. Work some conditioner into it and reheat. The heat will help open the pores in the leather and it will wick the conditioner deeper in the leather.

YOu can also use a hair dryer, but keep it moving. Don't get it too hot in any one spot.

·
Premium Member
813 Posts
I had a similar problem. I was told to avoid mink oils. It seals the pores of the leather which is bad for it. I used a conditioner (Lexol) and it worked fine. If it's very stiff you may have to apply several coats.

As scoprire said heat will open the pores. I would use this as a last resort and only on the collar. Over heating it will shorten the life of the leather.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.