Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Re: Leather Color Change

Depends. Vat-dyed dark colors are gonna stay that way. In general you can't go lighter, and in general you won't get the color you think you'll get by re-dying.

-Don

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Well, I have 2 used suits available to me. A Vanson(black/white) and a Dainese pro suit(queer/***/gay/white). I'm looking to go all black. I guess I'm wondering how well it would work on a completed suit.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Why didn't I think of that? I can get a $1500 suit few CHEAP(like, really cheap), I figured for a couple hundred bucks to change the color, it would be a really good deal.

·
Registered
461 Posts

[email protected]

Go see if a local shoe shop would attempt it.

I think Vanson would re-dye a one of their suits, so give them a call - they're easy to talk to.

-Don

·
Premium Member
451 Posts

Just be careful not to go too cheap with the dye. You don't want to come out with black dye all over yourself after a hot sweaty day of riding (or rain).

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts

Did that to my hands riding in the rain, my leather ( harley) gloves turned my hands black. Took a while till it went away!!!

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Did that to my hands riding in the rain, my leather ( harley) gloves turned my hands black. Took a while till it went away!!!
White is not my first choice in colors for leathers. But I was given a white suit with red and black stripes. I was riding in Florida during bike week. and the suit was very cool temperature wise. But the black stripes would burn to the touch. The red parts were closer to white in temperature. When I ordered my first custom suit vanson sent me samples of all there colors. I laid them all out in the sun to see which colors felt cooler and designed my suit from there.
A suit will not do anyone any good unless is worn. A white suit may not be the look you want, but if it fits and you ride hard you will be happy with it on those 80 + days when your cool black wearing buddies are sweating out beers from 1975.
And if its a little rashed up it starts to look cool.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I spouted all that dribble and then ordered an all black suit. What the hell is wrong with me? I have a red suit I use for the track, but I wanted something lower profile for street riding. I hate riding work in my power ranger suit. I catch a lot of abuse.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If it was me and the suit fit, for $350 it would be mine already. That suit is great.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think it looks great too... I wouldn't worry about doing a dye job.

Think of it as black suit with white secondary color.. very sharp.

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
I agree - That suit looks sharp as-is. Snag it quick before it gets away. I also agree you can legitimately call it a black suit with white trim to make it "sound " better. 8)

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts

gonna get me a white "Power Ranger" suit.
daffe please be sure to post some pics when you get it,HERB. THE DUC EMBLEM MAKES THE LEATHERS TO COOL. NOT A BIG FAN OF THE WHITE LEATHERS BUT IT WORKS . BUY THEM!

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Herb that thing is simply grotesque! What are you thinking?
Get a grip!
ah do you have the phone number of the guy selling it?
I uh want to tell him uh how ugly that thing is..yeah that's it....
what size is it? ;D

·
Registered
4,151 Posts

daffe please be sure to post some pics when you get it,HERB. THE DUC EMBLEM MAKES THE LEATHERS TO COOL. NOT A BIG FAN OF THE WHITE LEATHERS BUT IT WORKS . BUY THEM!
i'll probably end up having to get a white helmet too... most likely, i'll get a custom leather suit.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Those a great-looking leathers. Did you get them? I'm curious.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts