Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a new yoyodyne slave on my 2000 m900 a few days ago since my stock unit was leaking. It's working correctly and I'm getting good feel at the lever but I'm seeing a bit of clutch fluid coming out and draining down near the sprocket. My question is: Is the slave supposed to fit completely flush to the engine? I'm not talking the mounting bolts but where the o-ring meets the rod? There is some space, a few mm . I feel like I could not tell if the o-ring was going in there straight since I couldnt see it, and it was not really attached, just supposed to fit in the indent. Forgive me if I'm using the wrong terms. Is it possible I have the wrong one? Is there supposed to be any clutch fluid coming out of the Yoyo at the hole with the o-ring anyway? This is the first time I've replaced one of these so I'm not sure how the design is supposed to work. Unfortunately I burned all the anodization off as I thought I had ruined it with clutch fluid so I may not be able to return it at this point. Let me know what you guys think.

Jason

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
The o-ring that came with mine seemed to be too large on the outside edge, not around the pushrod... I used it anyway but when I recently removed the slave I discovered that the o-ring was effectively munged. I didn't have a leaking problem, however. I went to the auto parts store and was able to get a replacement o-ring that seems to be a better fit. Neither o-ring was a tight fit around the pushrod itself, so I think it's normal for a bit of room there. Strange that you would have leaking I think, with or without the o-ring.

Not sure what you mean by "burned the anodization off"... if you rub it all over in brake fluid the streaking/spots will disappear. You didn't sand it, did you?

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
By Burned it off I mean using easy off. Now it's silver. I realized after some info on the board that all I need to do was clean it up with some brake cleaner but in the meantime I had tried to buff it and ruined the finish. Don't worry, I sealed the hole the pushrod fits in, so nothing got in there while I was working on it. It's not really much fluid, but pretty annoying since I paid an arm and a leg, and another leg, for it. I just went for a ride and pulled the slave off and there is a bit of fluid coming out of there again. Does the o-ring seal the setup? Or is there something wrong here?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts