Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had posted a few days ago about thinking my new yoyodyne slave was leaking on my 2000 m900. After taking the sprocket cover and slave off about 20 times I thought I would zip tye the clutch lever down to see if I could get it to leak. Upon doing this I realized the fluid was actually coming out of the case the slave was mounted on where it meets the block. I'm new to this so what I'm calling the case and the block may be totally off. I threw a 5mm on the bolt directly under the slave and realized it had come loose to the point where it took no torque to loosen it. Since I wasn't too sure how tight it should be, I torqed it to about 15ft/lbs. I'm hoping this isn't too much. I threw the slave back on and squeezed the lever a bunch of times and it looks like the leaking has stopped. I also torqued the two bolts on the case closest to the one under the slave that was loose to about 15ft/lbs. Any opinions on this? Another question is what repair manual is the best in your opinion?

Jason

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
IMHO, the OEM manual is the best. Lots of folks really like the Haynes manual, too.

If it's a 5mm hex driver, on a screw on the sidecover, it would be a 6mm screw. Those should be torqued to about 8 ft-lb.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts