Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a brand new M800 from the dealer and noticed while riding home that gas was seeping from the rubber gasket around the filler cap, and runnung down the tank. The tank was only about 3/4 full. Should I hassle with the dealer about this or is there something I can do to fix it.

·
0 Posts
Brand new bike? Warranty! Why trouble yourself? This is what a warranty is for brother. I'd be sensitive about my bike.

R.

D

·
0 Posts
ARTzero (or Marcel?)- any resolution from the dealer on the leaking tank gasket? I just picked up a 2004 M620D today and had the same experience. Dealer mechanic hadn't seen it happen before- thought maybe an inadvertantly pinched fuel line, but then it happened on my second ride home as well. Any info appreciated...

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
I've had that happen before when I a) overfilled the tank, or b) didn't close the filler cap fully. It will click into place and look closed, but be up about 1/8", check that too...

D

·
0 Posts
Thanks for the info. The dealer has my bike and is checking it out. We'll see if they think it could be the gasket. Of course it didn't leak on the way there today, so they may not find anything. I'll keep an eye on the fuel level and the filler cap...

Does anyone know whether the matte silver paint can stand up to repeated fuel leakage?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts