Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well last night I was waxing my tank and I noticed that acid had been leaking down on top of the motor, Oh boy. So I called Ferracci, they said it's covered, the battery and repairs. So now I've got to find a way to get it down there on saturday, and since I live in harrisburg and don't have a truck it will be alot of fun.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Bill, sorry to hear that!
I keep checking mine, I guess I should just replace it, but so far so good, it is a 2002 620ie, has 7200 miles on it.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Bill, don't they have pick up service, I'm sure it would cost you.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm sure they have pick up, but if I had to guess I'm probably 120 miles from Willow grove. So i might as well take it down my self.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hope they can get it back to me before may 8th. If it was just a matter of a new battery I'd be tempted just to get one and put it in. But there is some acid damage and I want to make sure that the alternator didn't overcharge the battery and thats what made it leak. The way it looks though, the leak came from a bad case. either way it's covered under warrenty and I really trust Ferracci, so I'll get it down there and just hope they can get it back to me soon. I'd hate to miss the ride to Scranton, I've not been able to hook up with any Ducati riders in Harrisburg and I'm looking forward to meeting some more riders. I called an Oddessy ( I probably spelled that wrong ) battery dealer to see if they had any applications for Ducati's , they said no. I heard those batteries were built to military specs and were very good.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well someone must be looking out for me, I found a half off coupon in the mail from Enterprise renta car, so I rented a truck ( a pretty nice one too ) , got it cheap, loaded my bike up and took it down to Ferracci. I spent an hour checking out all the things I can't afford and then came home. I just looked in the garage at the empty space where my bike sits, it's to sad to talk about. I might have to sleep out there tonight.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Those "empty" spots in the garage are KILLERS, I just about can't stand it when there is an empty spot.
We just sold one of our 4 bikes and my husbands bike was in the shop, so we had 2 empty spots for about a week. Husbands bike is back and we are shopping to fill the last empty spot!!! ;D

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Bill, let us know how you make out wiyh FBF and when you get your bike back! I use FBF and they always treat me good.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I let you know how it turns out, however every experience
I've had with FBF has been a good one.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ferracci called today, they had to order some parts and it looks like I'll be back on the road next week. I think Sunday i'm going to the gathering of the Nortons, it turns out that the president of the club and I have the same exact name,So We decided to meet on sunday. I think he might try and talk me into becoming a Norton boy, Won't happen. I did see that somebody is remaking Vincent motorcycles, the web site is Vincent motors. I'm told they have Honda engines and start around $20,000. Why buy one of those when next year you can get a Ducati sport classic for around half that.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Bill, glad FBF is taking care of your bike so fast!! When they replaced my engine casing, I thought I'd be waiting forever, but NO, they got the parts fast!!

See you on the May 8th ride!! ;D

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Has it been decided yet where we're going to meet in allantown and what time.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The parts are on back order so I'm not sure if I'll be there on the 8th. I know FBF is doing all that can be done, I feel confident with them working on it.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Arghhh!! back order!! man, thats a tough break! :-/

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If my bike is not back by the 8th, then I'll drive to Warhorse on the 8th and try to find you guys. I'm confident that I'll have my bike back by then. if I have anymore problems with this bike I' guess that will be reason enough to get a 749.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
I was going to suggest that you drive, but since it is a bike get together, I thought maybe you wouldn't want to. But yeah, That'd be GREAT, and I think they have demos that day too, take a few out!! ;D

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was looking on the general monster forum, theres a thread with 557 enties just on people with leaking GS batteries, it has over 21,000 views. Incredible, the responses range from people being really well taken care of to people who feel left out in the cold.Most of them feeling that DNA isn't stepping up to take care of the situation fast enough. I wrote an E-mail to DNA pleading for help to get the parts off of backorder, I'm trying to remain positive but so far I have not had the best luck with my monster when it comes to getting it repaired, it seems like every time it needs repaired something like this happens. It's only 9 months old and has only 2000 miles on it, I was a BMW mechanic for years, I realize things happen and things break, and I have no problem with that. I love the bike, I'm always thinking about my next Ducati, but this is frustrating. And there really isn't another bike that I want to own, it's like being in love with the wrong woman. I hope this works out and that I'm just getting myself upset, at least it's at Ferracci, those guys are great.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I sent E-mails to Ducati of North America and Ducati Bologna. I pleaded with them to interceed and get my parts off of backorder status. I know that things happen and the unexpected can always pop up, but based on what I've been seeing on the General monster forum, Ducati knows there is a BIG problem with leaking GS batteries and from what i see it seems their doing little about it unless you complain alot. I've had my monster for 9 months and it has has just over 2000 miles on it, and everytime it's gone in for service something worse happens. Not all of it has been the fault of the bike, but I'm beginning to have second thoughts about if my next bike is going to be a Ducati. And that really P*sses me off because I like the bike so much. The only good thing I can say is that at least Ferracci is doing the work, I think their the best.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
I hope DNA can get your parts quicker, and I agree, FBF are great!!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts