Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was trying to organize a trackday for the 20th just through talking to people I know and emailing family friends etc, but I didn't quite get enough response. That being said, who here would be interested in doing a trackday on/around the 27th (3 weeks from today)? I'm personally antsing to get out there, so don your suits and commit [cheeky].

The more the merrier, @ 40 people it would be ~110$ a person.

(And needing some new rubber on your rims isn't an excuse - I work @ cyclegear)

:-\ Hopefully I'll get more response with you all than I got with the people I know personally

---Respond via the thread or email me @ [email protected]

Dan

·
Registered
423 Posts
I've never been out there in late december. I imagine the track would be quite cold. Any experience at that time of the year?

A

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nah not personally. track probably will be cold for a while, but I know a few people who do trackdays relatively frequently, including a few coworkers, who all tell me it will be fine so long as it's not pouring.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm kind of dismayed :-\ I've gotten a good amount of response from a few other boards I'm on, and none from this. I always thought of this as a particularly involved group.

No takers?

·
Registered
769 Posts
I'd love to but the weather is iffy this time of year.

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Eyes only --

A couple factors are working against you:

1) Not all the "MOB" or Central Cal folks check the racing and trackdays section -- so you're not reaching the full audience.

2) The concentration of track riders is growing within our ranks, but the size of the group isn't large enough to get you to critical mass for a T-Hill track day.

3) A few of us who head to the track pretty frequently are already booked at Laguna Seca on the 20th/21st.

4) It is still a weekday, and that can be a bit tough for some folks

If you're interested in organizing something like this in the spring or summer, I'd encourage you to do so. I think if you plan it far enough in advance and take some input from folks on the specific day (and / or track), there could be a good turn-out. For example, I discussed this idea with Lucazuma from SoCal over Thanksgiving and I think some of those folks would be willing to drive up to Buttonwillow to meet us for a track day.

Whatever the case -- if you're enthusiastic about track riding, don't give up on this crew!

Cheers,
Tiggy

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea. I'm just trying to hassle whoevers reading this into it [cheeky]

I realized all thes factors prior to my posting and thought I'd give it a shot anywho. I'm not really disapointed, considering the response has been higher than predicted overall (I'm also on ducati.ms and B.A.R.F.) Even if there had been none, I woudn't have been miffed - I understand the difficulties in trying to organize something like this, particularly right now.

Thanks for the response though!
It's nice to know people are reading the thread.

Dan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.