Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
everyone needs a good snow bike!

sounds like you'll have your hands full this winter Mike.

I've been thinking about putting a gixxer front end on my monster project. fully adjustable forks and radial calipers for about $400 on ebay. what do you guys think? will the Italian motorcycle gods strike me down with a bolt of lightning if I attempt such sacrilege?

·
Registered
917 Posts
Zatoichi931 said:
You actually increase the capabilities of the bike.
isn't that the truth. the stock suspension and brakes on the S2R, and quite a few other models isn't very good. Even if I upgraded to the 4 piston calipers that I have left over from a superbike, the gixxer brakes would probably still be better. especially if I used stainless lines. that doesn't even take into account the crappy forks on the duc!
I'm pretty sure I'll do it, just need to do a little more research first.

·
Registered
917 Posts
garage floor looks good Mike!

creative bolt removal, that sounds like trouble [laugh]

let me know when you need the frame. I'll have some time off over the holidays too when we shut down, so if you need a hand with anything let me know, I'm sure I'll be bored.

what kind of machining capabilities do you have at the shop? CNC? I think I may need a set of custom triples to convert to gixxer forks. that's what I've been told by an expert. it seems that the easiest way to go is to use a complete gixxer front end (forks, brakes, wheel) married to a custom set of triples which use the duc steering stem. the gixxer wheel matches pretty well with the 3 spoke superbike wheels. I always did like the simple look of the 3 spoke wheels, and I think it would look especially good on this creation. hmmmm.....
how deep does the rabbit hole go?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts