Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know somebody makes a larger(5 gal?) retro fit fuel tank for my s2r 800. now that i've finaly scraped the funds together i can't remember who it was. i believe it was at least partialy kevlar and about 1,200 bucks. did i dream this up and just convince myself it's real, or can somebody point me to a website? ???

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
you might be able to find a "slightly used" tank on ebay and mod it to achieve the same results for less money.... However, theirs is all ready to go.

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
ST2/4 tanks in theory should work on the ST baised frames of the '02+ bikes....and they are much cheaper then a monster tank.

Does anyone here have a ST2/4 they could lift their tank and see if the mounts are around the same thing?

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
derby said:
i've been waiting for you to chime in here with a "we're working on something like this for the SxR(s)" post. ;D
Derby if youd ever see those tanks in person, they are bloody amazing. The fit to the bike is perfect. Something Ducati should have done initially

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
derby said:
i've been waiting for you to chime in here with a "we're working on something like this for the SxR(s)" post. ;D
Right, well, with the MH tank, I learned the lesson of not talking too much about your wine "before it's time". There were so many revisions to the final design on that tank that delivery was 2 or 3 months past my initial "far out" estimated date.

:)

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
You could always ditch the air box for individual pods, and then cut out the bottom of the tank & weld a new (lower) bottom.

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts
Norm said:
You could always ditch the air box for individual pods, and then cut out the bottom of the tank & weld a new (lower) bottom.
if only the tanks weren't plastic. ;D

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I am sending him my tank to destroy for the EFI mold. You can thank me later. [laugh]

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.