Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installing a lane splitter on the right hand bar end and i ran into a problem. theres about and inch of plastic from the throttle grip that extends past the end of the bar.

because of this only about half a cm or so of the barend adapter acctualy gets into the bar its self. its not enough to keep the mirror there.

Is there any problem with cutting off or sanding down the plastic at the end of the throtle grip?

·
Registered
576 Posts
Before chopping I would see if it is possible to loosen all accesories (i.e. brake, and shutoff) and slide them down a bit. If that doesn't work I don't see why chopping it would hurt, maybe be a little funky with the short grip. Good Luck

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Seems like it would be a little crampy for your right hand. I'd try Mossimo's suggestiona and see if the controls can slide to the left so that it's flush.

·
Registered
576 Posts
ThatKidFromTheOmen said:
theres no issue with balance or stability bringing the control in?
The control is super light, so their shouldn't be any problems balance wise, for hand placement I would check the other side and see if they are equal. I am a little suprised it is out that far to start. Makes me wonder if it was originally further in. Are you the original owner?

·
Registered
103 Posts
eh, whats a lane splitter?

·
Registered
103 Posts
mmk. whats the advanage to it? over other mirrors?

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
They provide a very good view of objects behind you, without highlighting your own elbows and shoulders as the stock mirrors do. Also cleans up the top of the controls be allowing you to remove the mirror stalks (I had the classic Mickey Mouse ears).

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
But mostly they look really cool. they add a little subtlety with function. I went with a single mirror on throttle side.
Either way i just slid down the controlls and it installed on there just fine. i was over thinking it.

·
Premium Member
2,089 Posts
You might try a single mirror on the left side, that's where I run mine. I find it to work really well, and just seems like it should be on the left side, since we drive on the right.

Justin

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
My guess is your throttle is in the wrong position and/or the bars were cut down.
Measure left and right spans using the bar clamps for reference.
My S2R controls have pins that index to locate holes in the bar.

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Fresh Pants said:
They provide a very good view of objects behind you, without highlighting your own elbows and shoulders as the stock mirrors do. Also cleans up the top of the controls be allowing you to remove the mirror stalks (I had the classic Mickey Mouse ears).
They also don't vibrate like the stock mirrors. [thumbsup]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts