Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
some nice old lady decided to turn into me and my bike as i was leaving my work parking lot today. "I didn't even see you!" was the automatic response i recieved..."of course you f'ing didn't!" was mine. it was one of those carpool van things. luckily it was a slow hit and i kinda laid into the front of the vans grill and the bike just dropped despite my frantic attempt to save it from tipping :'( Overall damage: knocked off one of the fork reflectors (been meaning to take that off anyways) broke about 1" off the front brake lever, knocked my mirror loose, bent the bars slightly (luckily have a new one already). lucky for me the tank was already dented from a previous owner so nothing new there. kinda sucks. i've dropped dirtbikes plenty of times from much higher distances...but something about dropping a ducati... :'(

·
Premium Member
2,089 Posts
Sucks brother, I feel for you and your monster.

Justin

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
Little old ladies are minions of the devil.Sorry to hear you had this experience. I was hit by nuns once. Jeez, does anyone ever get hit by a mean looking guy wearing a black hat? Hope you are well soon and your bike gets a makeover.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well, i guess i "could" have claimed the dent in the tank was from this accident, but i am one of the more honest fellows (i try to keep my karma in good standing...especially commuting 100 miles a day on my bike) but i just wanted to leave. and also if i claim it on ins. there goes my rates. i'd save money in the long run just fixing it on my own :-\

1 - 8 of 8 Posts