Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone planning on heading up there this year? I'm going to go, but I'll be taking the bike behind the truck since I don't want to 2 up it all the way there.

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Hey fleedatzmonster,

I'm going for a mountain bike race in April, but I guess that's not what you wanted know. ;D

No, really. I may ride up there with some non-Monster peeps. I've never been there for anything other mountain bike racing. I'll post when figure out if I can go.

When is it anyway? September??

Regards,
AC

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
July

http://www.laguna-seca.com/Events/index.cfm?EventID=1

It sounds super kick ass, and it would be REALLY nice if a bunch of monster people would stay at the same hotel and ride into the track together and what'not...should be fun!

I'm going to be staying at the BORG hotel in Monterery, and apparently it's semi cheap, and has some nice oceanview rooms. They start taking reservations Feb1.

Like I said I'm not going to ride up, but I'm taking the bike, if someone wants to do the same perhaps we can pitch in on a trailer rental.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
I'm defintely going this year, come hell or high water. I was a total [email protected]$$ last year and didn't go, when I had nothin' but time on my hands.

Not sure how I'm gonna go..

Ahh...BORG Hotel? "Live long and prosper." No, that's not right... ;D

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
apparently the BORG is a really old hotel with nice ocean views and such. It's not "nice" and AAA rates it 1 star, but I've heard good things about it. I'm just going to sleep there ya know?

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
The Borg isn't "really old"... It's not like falling apart or anything. It's clean and smells fine, it has a nice little porch to hang out on and look at the ocean, and it's within walking distance of Cannery Row.

I do think that they must advertise with AARP or something. On superbike weekend it seems like everyone there is either on a bike or OLD...

This is one of the cheap rooms

--Fillmore

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Wasn't baggin' on the hotel, just got a 'Star Trek' vibe off of the BORG...

Actually, looks like it's got a little more character than most of the hotels I've been in.

P

·
0 Posts
That sounds really fun. I would be interested in trailering up there. What kind of tickets does one normally get?

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm probably, although not for sure (for sure going, not sure what days), going to get up there on Saturday morning, and leave on MOnday morning. Here is the info I've recieved from the DML!

you have no idea how much fun you are in for.
i'm attending again this year also...i'm in the process of making
reservations now.

last year i got the sat/sun gen. pass and it was perfect. we sat above turn
5 and saw most of the action. the corkscrew is, of course, unbelievable in
real life.

this year i'm gonna have more time, so i'm getting the 3-day pass which
includes friday.

partying? well, if you get many, many thousand sportbike riders and their
bikes together in a place as cool as monterey, you are bound to generate
some fun. :) ....cannery row becomes the sturgis of sprotbikes.

i can't even really begin to say how cool Ducati Island is....you need to
look at some of the pictures we took that might be posted on the board. ive
got a bunch on my harddrive if you want to see some...email me off list. -kris

And here is info about the hotel that is recomended

borg wont start taking reservations until Feb 1.
we get the ocean view rooms, i think they are like
$109.
you can hang out on the porch with this view: http://www.monsterhooligans.com/images/laguna03/P1010123.jpg
info: http://monterey.lodgingguide.net/monterey-lodging/borg-s-ocean-front-motel-100140.htm

And here is a link to the ticket purchase page
http://www.laguna-seca.com/Tickets/index.cfm?Fuseaction=ViewTickets&EventID=1

I am 100% going to tow the bike, so if you are up for the same days we should TOTALLY do it together and save some CASH!

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok I think I just got the last ocean view room at "THE BORG" so I'm for sure going to the race. WAHhoooOO.

I'm still not sure if I'm taking the bike on a trailer or just leaving it here.

Just posting in case anyone else is going. I sure hope me and my girl aren't the only SoCal people boozing it up!!

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Flee~

I know I mentioned this to Nicky... We already have our campsite in Chaparral and our tickets, last year we had the kicka** view and partied like rockstars all weekend, we get there on Wednesday and stay until Sunday. You are more than welcome to camp if you don't want to pay the outrageous motel prices. We have hot showers down the hill and it is a short walk to the Island.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tell me more..I don't know where Chaparel is.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
It is one of the camping areas at Laguna, if you go to their website they have a map of the track and the camping areas. If you decide just bring a tent for you and your SO, once your there you can buy whatever drinking beverage you want to share. We already have a cook and we plan the menus so if you want to chip in for food that would be great.
We go early to do some riding around Monterey and Big Sur, so that once the races start we really do not have to leave the track for anything. Think about it...

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
ok I think I just got the last ocean view room at "THE BORG" so I'm for sure going to the race. WAHhoooOO.

I'm still not sure if I'm taking the bike on a trailer or just leaving it here.

Just posting in case anyone else is going. I sure hope me and my girl aren't the only SoCal people boozing it up!!
I just Borged, upstairs oceanfront. One or two O/F left, but downstairs @ $129.

I'm riding up. My regular group, I think, is going to skip Laguna this year in favor of the Concours de Elegance weekend (I'll do that too). I plan on leaving OC Thurs., and leaving Monterey on Mon. All back roads. One night each way in Morro Bay. Anyone else?

The traffic sucks going into the Laguna Seca, and you can't park the cage on Ducati Island ;D

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah I hear that about the parking, it's looking MORE AND MORE like I'll trailer up the bike. I don't want to 2 up it all the way there.

Looks like we'll have that entire side of the BORG Hooliganized!!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Just made my reservations also, BTW there is one more ocean view upstairs available. I took the upstairs partial ocean view, since I will only partially be at the hotel and partially at the track..... Good deal $95per night......

I'm going to try and squeeze one of my buddies for a couple of pit passes since he has his own AMA team and will be racing there.

Never been, should be fun!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts