Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a great time seeing many of you at La Ducati Day today. I'll include the relevant Monster photos here, plus a link to many others that I took, if you're interested in looking at them.

You can follow the link to http://s25.photobucket.com/albums/c67/scottrnelson/Ducati/LaDucati2005/"]my PhotoBucket album[/url] and all of its sub-albums for the whole event, and larger versions of these images. If any of you want the real big versions of the photos, just let me know and I'll email specific ones to you.

Doc Wong was the announcer for the whole event

They even had some umbrella girls there

Where would we all be without the help of Jeff and Karen

There were a few tough characters keeping the "riff raff" (like me on my 888) from parking in the Monster section.

Monsters only in this section

Here's Juan with his ever changing red Monster

I was glad to see Steve there too, even if he couldn't ride to the event

I talked them into adding a little color to the DucatiMonster.org booth

Warming up Tigre for the "Best Sounding Ducati" competition, which was judged with a decibel meter

A few Monsters participated in the sound test.

Hanging out in the Monster booth

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
One note -- the annoucer was Duffy (I don't remember his last name) -- not Doc Wong (who was there providing chropractic services.

Duffy is a great guy who announces at all the local Ducati events.

·
Premium Member
5,487 Posts
Thanks for posting up the photos, Scott!

I had a really good time at the event. [thumbsup] It was good to see pt33's bike recognized, but bittersweet to hear that Tigre's bike placed 2nd overall in that non-people's choice award? (not sure what that judging was called...) Great to see Crowbar out there, too. What a stud. 8) Wish I'd had my bike for this... :( I would have definitely entered it in the Sound of Music Challenge this year. I don't think I would have won this year, but it would have been fun to revv her up for a good reason. [cheeky]

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
This fella talking with the belle was a neighbor from when I was a wee lad growing up in Walnut Creek. I haven't seen him in years, and I had no idea that he was into bikes. It was great to run into him.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Very nice to see you Scot, and thanks for the pictures, very, very nice.

·
Premium Member
5,487 Posts
ummmm, yeah....Scott, may I please have the full, huge-sized version of that photo of Spidey n Tigre? It might come in handy one of these days. Dank uuuu.... ;D

(and just in case there is any confusion, I really do want it.)

·
Premium Member
3,128 Posts
Mostrobelle said:
okay.

Where is Steve reaching and why does Warren look like that?
Grabbin' the Shark's tail... ::)

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
ps - I hate you

Mostrobelle said:
ummmm, yeah....Scott, may I please have the full, huge-sized version of that photo of Spidey n Tigre? It might come in handy one of these days. Dank uuuu.... ;D

(and just in cas there is any confusion, I really do want it.)

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
Mostrobelle said:

(and just in case there is any confusion, I really do want it.)
i'm pretty sure i got one even more embarassing

I cant send you a copy, but i am planning tshirts. >:D

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
u2

MonsterHooligan said:
i'm pretty sure i got one even more embarassing

I cant send you a copy, but i am planning tshirts. >:D

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
BTW, on a slightly less making fun of tigre and spidey note.

i really enjoyed youse guys' company and appreciated all your help around the booth
(especially scoobyrex ;))
-jh

·
Registered
150 Posts
I was there! OK, I was there really late, after all the action was over and hardly anyone else was there.....

I did get to meet Tigre :), and pet the tigre bike in person ;D, but then I was too shy to introduce myself to anyone else. :-[

The ride out and back was awesome, though, and I loved looking at the antique bikes. I was consumed with lust for a couple of the little 1960's cafe racers. sheesh.

One of these days the planets will align and I'll be able to join a weekend ride. Yeah, I'll be the one in back not saying much...

·
Registered
876 Posts
ciao scott -

glad that you attended, and it was good chatting with you in the parking lot at the event.

i am trying to assemble all the photos folks took at LDD2006 into one CD/DVD collection, so i can send it off to ducati (both italy, for use on ducati.com site in the community section, and ducati north america for use on dna web site).

can you please email me so we can arrange to get all your photos on a CD? full photo credits will be given on both ducati.com and dna web site, so please include all your contact data you want folks to know.

grazie,
[email protected]

Scott R. Nelson said:
Apparently the Forum software is modifying my link for me by adding an extra http string.

Here are two different ways to get to the same place to see my other photos:

http://tinyurl.com/mm9jn
http://s25.photobucket.com/albums/c67/scottrnelson/Ducati/LaDucati2005/

I should have mentioned, if you want a larger photo, send ME e-mail and I'll reply with whatever photo you want. Just make sure your account can handle messages in the 700-800K range.

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Can I request that the photo of me and spidey *not* be sent to Ducati for use both on ducati.com and the dna site? :embarassed:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts