Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a backpack to avoid using saddle or tank bags. I would like to be able to carry enough gear for a long weekend of sport touring but the primary purpose would be for carrying the daily necessities of commuting. Has anyone used the Kriega packs? How will they stand up in wet conditions? How easy or difficult are they to put on or remove over an armored jacket? with gloves? How much will they hold? Specifications say 25 litres(R25) and 35 litres(R35) but what does that mean in real life? Any input will be helpful, thanks in advance.

·
Registered
178 Posts

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
I have the 25 and the 35 Kriega'a as well as the waterproof pouch (10L) that can be attached to both.
Thet are rugged, the fitting\buckle thingy is excellent, stable, quick release and very comfortable, easy to
get on and off over your leathers. You also get a lot of comments about parachute jumping [laugh]

The 25L bag I use for local and work travel, I carry my documents, raingear and a laptop in it.
The 35L I use for longer trips in combination with a Famsa tail packand Givi Monster tank bag.
I stuff it with light clothes, jeans and other stuff in the tail roll and hard stuff (camera, pnd, lock etc) in the tank bag.
Works well for me, am always surprised at how much stuff you can prop in the 35 L Kriega.
With these 3 bags I can carry enough stuff for 3-4 week, but I don't carry a tent or cooking gear.

The Kriegas' are showerproof for a short time, but certainly not rainproof. Pack your gear in plastic bags or buy the special waterproof
liner they sell.
IMO, these backpacks are not cheap, but they are worth every penny.

Stu in Amsterdam

1 - 4 of 4 Posts