Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Started the install on some koso heated grips on my 14 1200s, they have such a factory look with the integrated temp control I was impressed with the fit and finish and the install is straight forward so I was going to share some info. First, removal of the stock grips was a sinch, yank and they came off. Then the clutch side slid on with the help of windex and after 5 minutes it was nailed into place! The throttle side is a bit tricky, there is a plastic throttle tube over the bars that has a rib on the outer rim and a few raised horizontal lines for grip strength on a rubber grip. Well the new koso grip is a bit more plastic than rubber on the throttle side and tried the supplied super glue and after a 20 min cure I was able to snap the tube from the grip lose... removed the failed adhesion and cut/removed the rib and lines, and then the new throttle grip and factory throttle tube was a lose fit so I scuffed up the stock plastic tube with a file and applied a lot of glue, so much in fact that it’s all over my hands and dropped on my frame and engine cover. Slid that bad boy on and half hour later it’s solid and glued in place! (Anyone know how to remove superglue from plastic without discoloring it?)
The wiring of the grips I’m using the factory supplied plug that’s a blank hot line. Somewhere on the forum I seen someone posted a link to get the female connector a few weeks ago when I was figuring out what grips I wanted. Chime in if you have a better use of the connector than ordering a stock working plug. The wire harness on the grips seems like it was designed for the Ducati monster 1200/821, perfect length and looks completely factory when routed with the other wires. When I get this thing finished I will follow up with the heat these things put out or any other things I find useful!

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have the same grips on my 821. My only complaint is that the order of heat should be reversed, in order of button presses it's cool > warm > hot. It really should be hottest setting on first press so that additional presses cool it down, since nobody would turn them on and say "hmmm my hands are warm, better turn these hotter"

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts