Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:DI might be a little far away (Phoenix, AZ) but you all are the closest Club on this site to bounce things off. Would you mind if I, and whoever else is in Arizona, join you from time to time to hash things over?

I was born in Denver and grew up in the Granby/Winter Park area (Hot Sulphur Springs actually) and currenly live and work in the Phoenix, AZ metro area after a career in the military (USMC). My commuter is a 97 M900 and my long hauler is a 2002 BMW K1200RS. I make at least one long trip on the bike to Colorado every year to visit family (I have a brother in Boulder who has a M900 as well) so it might be possible to meet up some time and partake of the fabulous riding in Colorado. Down here I ride nearly 365 days a year, but it's pretty brutal in the summer and you've got to get away from the cities to do any decent riding. Anyway, just wanted to say howdy and see if I could join you from time to time. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
You're welcome here whenever you like! My brother is in Nevada and we count him as a member...

If you're interested in posting your profile to the RMMHA website, send me some pics and bike info.
Check out http://www.pasta-rocket.com/ and click on 'Members'

I was actually in Phoenix for a couple of years before coming to NM. It was nice to be riding all winter when everyone else was whining about the snow and I commuted all year (Of course I was only going up I-10 from Elliot to Baseline, so I could put up with the heat for that short time.) I got some good rides in during the summer too, as long as I was on my way up 87 before the sun came up and back in town by noon.

BTW, what did you do in the Corps? I'm former Navy, but went to school and worked with the Marines a lot. Now as a civilian I work with units from all four branches (and occaisionally the puddle jumpers, too), but really prefer to work with the USMC.

--Fillmore

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply. I ride up through NM from eastern AZ from time to time, usually on my way to Colorado. Anyway, I started out in the Corps as an artillery type and then changed my MOS to Military Police, where I spent most of the remainder of my 20+ years. There were other unrelated assignments thrown in from time to time just to keep me on my toes. The best part was I survived! ;D

Thanks for the invite. I'm on the tech page from time to time and also the general monster page when I have the urge. See ya around.

M

·
0 Posts
Jarhead, I see you're in Mesa, home of some of the best IPSC shooters in the known universe. I used to come there in November to shoot the Ernie Hill Desert Classic. Hot tub/midnight/killer sky/champgne while it's snowing at home. I enjoy Arizona in the winter.

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
Anyway, I started out in the Corps as an artillery type and then changed my MOS to Military Police, where I spent most of the remainder of my 20+ years.
Cool. I'm currently working with the MPs/PMO at Camp Lejuene doing security upgrades/CT stuff.

--Fillmore

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, AZ in the winter is bliss. . . especially if riding a motorcycle is important to one's sanity. Shooting works as well. I'm not a "pro" by any stretch, but I do enjoy recreational shooting and watching others compete. Guns and motorcycles. . . great therapy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts