Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Yes, it's more of a monster than modern monsters

Votes: 1 25.0%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So over the past week I decided I wanted my monster to be a little sexier. The perfect engine and my favorite generation of panigale fairings. Minor fabrication, (mostly repurposed parts) but no permanent modifications so I can switch it back to naked real quick if I want. When Taglioni designed the first monster, he threw together leftover parts from several established models, so this monster with 1098 fairings and an S4RS exhaust really embodies the old monster ethos. Hail to the king

Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Fuel tank Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Automotive design Aircraft Font Art Illustration

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

Motor vehicle Line Automotive exterior Bumper Font

Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool project for sure, but as both a Monster and 1098 owner, I appreciate them for their differences in both look and ride. BTW, 848/1098/1198 are not part of the Panigale family as you mentioned, and I believe it was Galluzzi who designed the original Monster.
Taglioni was the trellis frame, my bad. But yeah, It helps a lot with winter riding, both in keeping engine temp up in combo with aluminum foil over the oil cooler, and in my legs not freezing. Plus it looks really really nice.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think it looks good and you put a lot of hard work into it. I can’t say I don’t believe the monster shouldn’t have any fairings as the S4RS came stock with a headlight fairing. I am guilty of adding a belly pan too myself. I do feel the monster trellis frame is what does it for myself though. Either way it’s all what makes you happy.
Fair. I got the fairings for 30 bucks and couldn't say no

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just my opinion but the handle bar position looks wrong in relation to the fairing and you need to ditch the original rearsets.
Not too bad.
The dry fit wasn't final, the position is way nicer now. I'm only about 50 bucks into this so I really don't want to spend more than I have to and the stock rearsets work fine imo

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I can't tell from your pics, but I don't see that you are using the 1098 headlight/fairing stay. You will likely need one if you plan on running the OEM 1098 mirrors. Not only do they house the captive clips that the mirrors snap into, but the mirrors vibrate a fair amount in that position and will eventually crack your upper fairing without support.
Automotive tire Hood Light Automotive lighting Automotive design

Automotive tire Hood Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Motorcycle

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Admanfrd1, that looks so awesome! I like the hot rod/frankenbike aspect. That's a lot of fabrication with the brackets and fitting bodywork to the bike. Cool that your Monster tanks still shows. Thumbs up!
It's definitely not for everyone, but it's the perfect bike for me. I've put almost 20k miles in 2 years so it's basically a touring machine that's got sex appeal out the ass.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts