Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone ever see naked bikes at these kind of schools? I wouldn't want to be the only one there. Everyone would be jealous. ;)

·
Registered
849 Posts
I've seen pictures of cruisers and sport tourers at race schools before, but I don't remember if it was Code in particular or maybe Freddie Spencer's school. I wouldn't care if I were the only naked bike at a race school, but I would expect to find a decent number of SV650s at a class like that.

You could always take Reg Pridmore's performance-street-oriented CLASS if you're nervous about being the only non-sportbike.

-R.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been to Code's school four times. There are a mix of bikes in the classes. Most people do ride hard core sportbikes; but there is always a mix - just like club racing. Once you are in the class and on the track, what type of bike you are on is pretty low on the priority list. Run what ya brung and hava a good time. Besides, that Monster has much more race blood than many of the Jap rockets that will be out there (and sounds much more intoxicating at 8-9K RPM).
Level 1: No Brakes, Smooth throttle (roll on and roll off), counter steer, turn your head in the direction you want to go not where your bike is headed, identify and hit the turn-in point. There, I just saved you $400.00 ;).

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Yes, there are quite a few at Kieth Code days...

·
Registered
849 Posts
I've taken Reg's CLASS school and I thought its was as waste of time and money. Not to disrepect the man or his mission, but the school is only good if you've never been on a track before and need a bit of guidance your first time out. Other than that, spend your money on a trackday... you'll get more out of it.
Interesting.

-R.

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
I liked Code's school. There's always something new to learn about riding. His approach makes you do what seems like stupid-simple stuff, but by the end of the day you are a better rider and a lot more confident about taking it on the track. I'll be doing his Level 2 this year.

And I saw all kinds of bikes at his course - including at least one BMW K model with bags mounted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts