Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was parked today near a supermarket entrance. There was a little girl maybe 6 years old a little ways a way and I could see her looking back at me, and then her father's trying to hurry her up and I hear her say quite plainly, 'But I wanna see the motorbike!'

Aww!

Any kids story to share?

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
Shared this here somewhere before, but it's a cute story and worth a retell. I was riding along one of my favorite roads, winds along a local stream. Not too many houses so I usually wick it up a bit here. Come around a bend and up ahead is a family, looks like Mom, Dad, Gramma and two little twin girls, maybe like 3-4 years old. I slow it down, drop down a gear and the pipes thunder. The two little twin girls had such completely opposite reactions I cracked up for miles. One hid behind Dad's legs, looking scared. The other was staring at the bike with a slack jawed fascination that cracked me up.

David B.

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Usually kids just stop & stare which is cute but my cousin brought his kid last weekend to check out the bike. I picked up his 5 year old & put him on the bike & started the engine. He thought it was really cool. I told him he was too small & couldn't reach the handlebars, but he said it was fine. He kept trying to rev the throttle but his dad held it in place. I can tell he is going to get a bike when he gets older.
;D

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
I don't remember the original poster who said this, but it always cracks me up when terrorizing the town...

and little kids soiling themselves at the sound of the Ducati.

mitt

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Was it Nakid who said that Mitt??
I remember he made some kids cry with the sound of his straight pipes!! >:D

What is the fascination with little kids and motorcycles anyway?
Maybe because most little kids can't wait to be a big and ride 2 wheelers? When they see someone on a motorcycle go by and it's fast, loud and the rider looks cool/strange/scary (take your pick) with all your gear on..they are intrigued. I knew I couldn't wait to be just like my dad on his bike!!

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
A little kid, probably not three yet walked up to my bike and said, “Ooden ooden ….. HOT Ooden ooden ….. HOT”. His mom said he just loves motorcycles, but he learned that they are hot by touching a hot exhaust pipe. But like a moth drawn to a flame, he couldn’t help himself.

LA

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
I think the gear has something to do with it too. The probably think we look like Power Rangers with the helmet on.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
A couple of weeks back I was riding down the highway when I came upon my wife and 2.5 year old daughter in the car. I slowed down, pulled up beside and waved. My daughter was laughing her head off "Daddy moto, daddy moto". She is awestruck when I sit her on it and start it up. I can't wait to teach her to ride, but at 2.5 yrs she's still getting a handle on her trike.

·
Registered
726 Posts
My three year-old is obsessed with motorcycles. The other day he sat on Santa's lap, and when asked what he wanted for Christmas, he said, "I want a red Ducati Monster." Of course, Santa didn't know what he was talking about, and started talking about scary monsters. My boy said, "No, it's a MOTORCYCLE!" like Santa was a f'n idiot for not knowing what a red ducati monster is.

He looked a little concerned afterward, like he was thinking "This is the guys who is in charge of toys, and he doesn't know what a red ducati monster is?"

·
Registered
781 Posts
christianweisser said:
My three year-old is obsessed with motorcycles. The other day he sat on Santa's lap, and when asked what he wanted for Christmas, he said, "I want a red Ducati Monster." Of course, Santa didn't know what he was talking about, and started talking about scary monsters. My boy said, "No, it's a MOTORCYCLE!" like Santa was a f'n idiot for not knowing what a red ducati monster is.

He looked a little concerned afterward, like he was thinking "This is the guys who is in charge of toys, and he doesn't know what a red ducati monster is?"
That's awesome. [laugh]

·
Banned
1,800 Posts
OK. Going to admit it here...I work part time at Walmart.

I was walking through the store one day on my way to the back to get changed for work(was geared up carrying my helmet) and passed a guy with his 2 kids...a little boy about 7 or 8 and a girl about 11.
As I walk by, the kid in utter fascination says, "Dad! He looks like he is going to the races!". The dad(wearing a Harley shirt no less) responds with, "Whatever. He looks like a Power Ranger.". The boy chimes back with, "Yeah, the Power Rangers ROCK!". The little girl then chimes in with something I will NEVER forget the rest of my life..."At least he doesn't look like a scurvy wannabe like you."

Ahhh god bless the little children.

Ryan

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
ZLTFUL said:
OK. Going to admit it here...I work part time at Walmart.

I was walking through the store one day on my way to the back to get changed for work(was geared up carrying my helmet) and passed a guy with his 2 kids...a little boy about 7 or 8 and a girl about 11.
As I walk by, the kid in utter fascination says, "Dad! He looks like he is going to the races!". The dad(wearing a Harley shirt no less) responds with, "Whatever. He looks like a Power Ranger.". The boy chimes back with, "Yeah, the Power Rangers ROCK!". The little girl then chimes in with something I will NEVER forget the rest of my life..."At least he doesn't look like a scurvy wannabe like you."

Ahhh god bless the little children.

Ryan
Ha ha! scurvy wannabe...that was the best one!
[thumbsup] I always thought the little motorcycle cliques were silly, but I recently stopped over at the local Harley dealership on my Monster & felt really weird. There were a whole bunch of biker guys hanging out wearing leather chaps & no one was very friendly except one salesguy who was pretty cool.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts