Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search but didn't find anything related. Is there a better kick stand or a modification to make it possible to lower the kick stand without wearing wing tip shoes? I look like I am trying to kick start my bike everytime I try to get my boot on the kick stand.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
you could always just weld a nice, big, chunky platform bicycle pedal to the kickstand. That'd give you a little somethin' to push off of. Of course, at the same time, I suppose to could also weld something a little smaller on there... hmmm... this is really bad advice.

Maybe you could try to find, like, and elf or a fairy or something that you could put down there that would lower the kickstand every time you said "lower thy kick stand."

I'm not trying to be an a$$... it just sort of comes out that way sometimes. Really, I don't have anything legit to add to this, I'm just trying to build my Posts, so I'll be more than just a "newbie"

It's quasi embarrasing.

Good luck.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Actually, the more I think about it, the elf thing is an awesome idea. You might get some funny looks from the passers-by... but who cares. The big problem is that it is soooo hard to find a good elf these days.

Maybe a leprichan *sp would be better... just follow the rainbow, and cut a deal. "if you'll be my kickstand b!tch, I'll let you keep your gold."

·
Registered
915 Posts
Kickstand b!tch...now that is funny

·
Registered
236 Posts
My Monster is getting a few upgrades while it's spending the winter at my dealers. Among the upgrades is an Evoluzione clutch slave, CRG "Roll-A-Click" levers and a Cycle Cat +1 side stand.

The bike should be ready on Saturday. I'll let you know how I like it...

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
littleduc,

What year and model of Monster do you have?

The OEM kickstand has a little peg on it, that extends out from the 'foot'. Perhaps you have a used bike and the PO cut the peg off for more cornering clearance?

I just fold the peg back with the side of my boot, and that puts the ball of my foot right on top of the sidestand peg.

HTH

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a 2004 S4R that I bought new. The kick stand is hidden under the side of the bike. I have to flip my peg up just to get my foot on top of the stand.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts