Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone has done one or both of these mods to a carbed M750 and could provide some feedback.
Also, could anyone tell me what kind of performance gains should be expected from changing the stock coils/wire-plug combo or a lightened flywheel. Thanks in advance all.

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
I put on FCR's and dyna coils on my 750, definetely considering the flywheel too. FCR's help across the whole power band of the bike. The coils made the bike alot smoother, and easier to start. I recommend these mods. I would be interested to know if anyone has heard of high comp pistons on a 750.

-Patrick

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Well,if you are going to use that 750 engine i would choose carbs. I mean,whats the use of that high comp when the oem carbs dont deliver the juice to the high comp pistons. Its always best to make an engine "breathe" and "exhale" easy before you do something else. I am building a turbo engine for my car with about 500+ dynoed hp. I could always use the 630+ hp KKK turbo on a stock engine......but the engine couldnt swallow all that air coming into it.So everything has to be in "harmony" with each other. Like high comp pistons and restrictive oem carbs.......hope you understand what im trying to explain here. Turbocharging IS fun no matter what you say :) :) My 2,2 litre 5 cylinder Audi engine is balanced,ported,high lift cam,solid lifters,custom made race-intake manifold,5-1 racing mandrel bent collector,P&O h-profile rods,Mahle low comp pistons (6,8:1) 720 cc injectors,Haltech E6K engine management and so on and so on.........all that and more makes it a engine taking use of that large KKK turbocharger forcefeeding it with air

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Norway that is great! That car will kick when you get it built. I still prefer naturally aspirated first though. My friend had a 300+hp Volvo 740 that he just blew the motor on. He was running over 20 lbs of boost, and frankly that is what it takes to get a 4 banger to put out that kind of power. But most engines are just not designed to put that out. So after he built up his motor with a new block head work cam big turbo and numerous other things, 10k into its life its blown. I say start with a car that can go just as fast without all the high pressure mods, like a V8. Kinda goes along with this whole thread. Like Chris said, start with something that will make more power like the 900 motor, instead of trying to make a 750 super modded to do the same thing.

-Patrick

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Im sure it will be alot of hp :) But i hope you all get my point in the reply above.........get the engine to breathe and exhale freely before you modify it more. Example:no use in a 944 cc kit if you use oem carbs and exhaust system with no mods at all........My Monster 900 exhales quite freely through SilMotor 43 mm stainless steel collector and 105 db SilMotor "silencers" Im hoping to buy a set of Fcr`s soon ;D ;D

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Yeah I get ya. Its amazing how much freer flowing air helps. I too have the sils and FCR's.

-Patrick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts