Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I know this would probably be better to start in the spring time but what the hell. I'm sure I'll forget all of the sageful advice and ask again during a more appropriate season.

what is a good way to keep my bike looking good? I've got a monster dark (flat black paint-love it!). Should I wax it? How to keep the tyres good looking? My biggest question is how do I keep the engine area looking clean and new?
Thanks all.

Cheers,
don

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
Waxing it will make it shiny, so don't do that. I find that S-100 Total Cycle Cleaner is good stuff. In between washings with that I use Maguire's Quick Detail to get the bugs off the finish.

·
Registered
541 Posts
DONT wax/shine/generally screw with your tires.....the first corner and your gone.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
IMHO the best way is to never let the dirt/grease accumulate (assuming you're starting with a clean bike) and just be anal about wiping it down after every ride.

I just use is warm water and a soft cloth and it still looks like new. If have some tuff bugs or tar or something I'll use a little WD40.

I have used pledge to shine up the body work - but if you have flat black you might want to use something else...

·
Premium Member
3,364 Posts
1) Bug & Tar remover for. what else, removing bugs and tar down low (started, heads).

2) Simple Green (1 part to 2 parts water), spray on and rinse off (use the hose like a watering can, no pressure wash). Don't let it sit on the 'hard', unpainted plastic parts - like the panels under and to the sides of the seat. Use a soft brush, if necessary.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts