Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know have a fully adjustable suspension on my 620. Things are relatively dialed in thanks to a local mechanic/ex-racer who did the initial set-up. One thing he did was to raise the rear of the bike about an inch. The handling is incredible. The only problem was that the bike looked (and might have actually been) ready to tip over on it's kickstand due to the additional height. Well... after some great ideas here on the DML, Deitrich and I went to work this afternoon on a kickstand mod. A big aluminum bar, hacksaw, drill-press, file, tap and die, and some bolts... and here's what we came up with.

Attachments

·
Registered
449 Posts
Nice, a real stand-up job [cheeky]

Funny, I had to have my chopped down :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mate, how much extra lift did you get in the @ss end? Do you need ot upgrade the shockie as well or just then tie rod. I have a 2005 620 and am looking at doing the same. Awesome work...

·
Premium Member
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I added an inch or so to the rear by way of swapping a ride height adjuster from a 999. You may have to dial in a littlemore pre-load after raising the rear, but a new shock is not necessary. I'm currenty running a 749 shock.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Good job on the Do it yourself catagory but man... that look awful. why not buy a custom stand thats the right lenght?? just a thought.

·
Premium Member
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. It is a Monster, isn't it? ;)

...and buying a part would completely negate the DIY. It's the crap that ain't "off the shelf" that I like the most. [thumbsup]

·
Registered
917 Posts
NakedDuc said:
Good job on the Do it yourself catagory but man... that look awful. why not buy a custom stand thats the right lenght?? just a thought.
who cares what the kickstand looks like? ???

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
The cool part about the CycleCat part - which I had bought to solve this problem for me - was that it angles in halfway through, and then back out, giving more foot clearance near the shifter.

So, if a person say, happened to bend their shifter in a get off of some type (who does that? :-[ ) then they could not worry about interference when down shifting (don't ask me how I know).

However - there is a problem - Some monsters use a larger diameter kickstand bolt and the owner MUST go the DIY route, the CC stand does not fit. My monster was one of those such bikes. So alas, I will do the DIY method eventually.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts