Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sooo... I have a 2004 Monster S4R but am looking at the new Streetfighter.... What to do? What to do? Suggestions?

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
dude unless your into crazy road destruction with the seat of your pants feel, race hooked up suspension that will buck you off as quick as you can romp the throttle, i say go for it. if your more into the more upright comfortable yet strong pulling monster that can still scare you when you want it to stay with the monster. i have an 05 monster s4r and a streetfighter S. there both crazy but i like the monster for the comfort and the longer ride ability. i got the streetfighter for blowing the farings of the BUSAS

·
Registered
635 Posts
I agree with scotty and swinger, depends on your wallet and will to rip to shed the asphalt and let's not forget, keep your license...:)

·
Registered
41 Posts
I spent a week on a street fighter and own an S4RS. 25 hp difference can be felt but I would be careful in trying to blow the fairings off a "Busa". Out handle yes - out accelerate - no

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
Well i got the fighter for the turns not the straights lol thats where the battle is won in the mountains.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Well i got the fighter for the turns not the straights lol thats where the battle is won in the mountains.
since when was riding a battle? I think everyone enjoys riding and it's this "battle" mentality that get riders in trouble...

but I would keep the S4R, i have an 04 and it's SUCH a great bike. I think the comfort factor adds many points to it.

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
Nah what i mean is mostly on the track either 1/4 or and actual track. Racing is the battle. But on the street its a different story i love riding my bikes, nothing makes me happier, either alone or in a group. But you go into the canyons with a few good riders to show your actual skills and ability of the machine you bring.

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
The Streetfighter is a beautiful bike. The seating position is still very comfortable and the power is just right for a big bike. You have to get the "S" model though, otherwise, IMO, you're really not getting all the Streetfighter has to offer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts