Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

KBC helmet

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  raven 
#1 ·
They say they run small, any one have the KBC Wolf style??
How do you order a helmet online if they are non-returnable and you can't try it on??
I guess thats why you should buy it in person, so you can try it on, but the prices are soooo good online!
Any suggestions??

#2 ·
Hi - I just got the Wolf dark model on sale for $100 at a local store - my sz. medium runs slightly small to a signet medium, but the pads are (at least initially) much tighter than other new helmets. Also, forget about wearing glasses/sunglasses.. 8)

pros: the shield optics are fantastic, and its really warm in winter. Its also relatively quiet.

cons: a bit hard to put on and take off, and it while it doesn't fog easily, when it does it FOGS..

#4 ·
You see the sizing chart on their website? They ain't lyin'! I measured my head, and got the XL according to their measurements (they didn't have any KBC helmets at my local shop)...turned out to be PERFECT. BTW, I got mine off eBay from a shop that was about an hour from my dorm, but uhhh....I was in the middle of finals week so I had them mail it to me anyway. $90 shipped, Charcoal. Oh btw, the only thing that got me was that the "charcoal" is a bit more glossy than I would like...nothing like on their website. I would say it's more of a semi-gloss gunmetal, but still very nice...goes well with my black JR Blaster 2.0. I had no problems with it being too small, and I have a GIANT ASIAN HEAD (GAH). The interior is quite soft, and the helmet has no hotspots, decently quiet too. The other guy is right about fogging though, you'll have to learn how to blow DOWN when you're stopped on cold days, or just crack the visor a bit. Anyway, measure your head, you'll be fine!

#6 ·
Nah, that's just the TK-9; the Wolf is the VR-7. Nice heads up though, stay away from the TK-9!

Oh btw, look up "KBC Wolf" on eBay right now, there's a good selection of miscellaneous sizes/colors that may fit what you need! $85 shipped from one seller, a tiny bit more from others...sometimes you can even get better deals if you're willing to look and wait.

G
#7 ·
Believe me, use the sizing chart. I ordered one last winter (ignoring the chart and ordering the size I always get). I had to return it for the recommended size. Dang I wish they would put clearer directions on those bananas.

#8 ·
I will use the chart, and my husband needs one also, so I think even if I'd order a medium, ( I wear a small, my husband a medium, in HJC) it would fit one of us ,then order the next one accordingly!

#11 ·
I have a KBC Wolf Helmet, I have a large its a little snug but I like how it fits. I have the chrome looking one with a mirrored shield looks pretty good.

G
#12 ·
I've had my KBC VR-1 black chrome helmet for a year now. While I loved the price I got on it (helmet harbor it the place to go online.. fantastic service, low prices, and they don't charge shipping and handling) I'm beginning to think it's not the greatest helmet.

Problems:

1. fogging. this helmet is quite prone to fogging, most likely due to the relatively poor air flow through the limited vents

2. the pads compress. When the helmet was brand new, it fit quite snugly and securely. What everyone says about the sizing charts is right... mine fit great right out of the box. Since then, I've worn the helmet quite a bit and the pads have all become somewhat compressed, resulting in a less secure fit. While I'm sure it's still safe, it's annoying to have to manually readjust a helmet after going into a full tuck at high speeds.

G
#13 ·
I have the KBC VR-1 and love the look, overall function is good. I also like the shield quick change with no side panels to remove.
It does fog easily, stoped at a red light and breathing out of mouth will fog it ( so I crack it up a hair). It seems to be closer to the face than my AGV , which never fogged.

I used the chart and got a med, my AGV was a large. It was a little tight. I removed the cheek pads, and it fit my head perfect. So I realized it was the cheek pads making it so tight. To accellerate the break in time, i put the cheek pads under my mattress for about 2 weeks, fits great now!!!

As far as buying online, my first 2 purchases ( different brands) did not fit, and could not be returned. Thank God for Ebay!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.