Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 2001 M600 for about a year now, and am ready to start adding some mods... I WANT POWAH!! Any suggestions as to what a 600 can use?? most of the stuff I see is for 750's and up...
I'd like to put on a stage II Dyno Jet Kit with a pair of K&N pods, new or modidied exhaust, and ad a few teeth to my rear sprocket. I'm also wondering what's up with the 680 kit I've read about on a few sites... anyone on here have it?? How much does it run, and has it caused any problems for you?
I want more hp, but love my little monster. I'll probably move up to an S4r in a couple years, but want to have fun playing with mod'ing this bike a little first. :D

·
Registered
8,800 Posts

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
I'd save your money on that 680 kit, you could sell your bike and put that money and the kit money down on a bigger bike. If you want a lot of power I'd say you are wasting your time. What's that saying....you can't squeeze blood out of a turnip? You can squeeze some power out of the monster, but not a lot without prohibitive costs. +/- 60hp isn't a lot to work with.

But on the other hand, if you've got money to burn, buy whatever. If it's for performance, it shouldn't make it slower. ;)

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
i don't think you'll be satisfied. once you get the 680 kit you'll be looking for something else for power. get a bigger bike and be on with it. just my opinion. i was thinking to drop a bigger bore into my M750, but when its all said done, it wouldn't be cost effective, especially the low price of quality bikes these days.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts