Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 2002 monster 620 dark and it's my first bike. i've been racing cars for quite some time but always facinated with motorbikes. I ended up taking that safety class through the motorcycle safety foundation and couldn't resisit after that. It wasn't the best purchase going into a chicago winter but come spring i can't wait to ride it.

Anyways, i just wanted to say hi. i look forward to reading this forum and slowly customizing my bike over the winter. Hopefully, some of my car knowledge can transfer over and i can contribute.

motor safe -- HOLLA

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
so let me guess... you have an audi TT?

damn, i'm good! i get my kicks on my duc, if i didn't i probably would have spent WAY too much money on my car!

welcome to the board! where are you located at?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha..tru. RobbyTT has been my handle on car forums forever! Yes, I'm lucky to have one of the original TT coupes (pre suspsenion recall, spoiler, etc) car is sick on the track and it helps I've done a few things to it ;) I guess I need to figure out a proper sig for this forum that lists out my whips huh...

I live downtown chicago...where is everybody else from?

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Welcome RobbyTT. I live at Division and Ashland (closest intersection). You'll definitely love riding with this group, we have a need for speed.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't mind 150 on a track with a cage around me...still scared of the naked factor on these beasts. I think I'll have to work up some skills and confidence before I tear up the streets with you all.

Any new(er) riders in the group?? Plus, the 620 is slow right? ;)

what types of rides do you go on? city driving/pimping, highway cruising, road trips, rural stuff?? interested to work up to group riding...for now it's my italian scooter :D

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I have a 620 and for what it's worth, these guys never get crazy and leave me in the dust. For the most part everyone cruises around and once in a while everyone cracks open the throttle. It's fun to ride along with others who share the love for a bike, and it's cool to see how everyone makes their own bike different. By the way, what does "w3rd" mean?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Peace 2ya Robby.

I'm in Skokie but I ride in every borough this city has to offer.
Whne are you free to ride? Are you a bearer of cold weather?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts