Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone,
I am a total newbie, but just wanted to introduce myself. I got my permit, took my course, got my license and my 696 all within 3 days. I live in South Boston and have always wanted to ride. Looking forward to getting in some riding and getting to know some new great people. Oh, and I feel like while my class certainly gave me some skill and insight, the Honda 250 they had me learning on did NOTHING to prepare me for the Duc. The 696 is such an amazing pleasure to ride. If anyone has their own experiences or suggestions on making the transition smother would love to hear them. Thanks.
Jon

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Hello!

First off, congrats on the new bike! Second, I'm pretty sure I used to see it everyday. I worked in Southie for 5 years up until 2 weeks ago and I've seen your bike (or what I think is your bike) on "E" street near East Broadway. Pretty sweet.

If you took the MSF and want to take another course they offer an experianced rider course where you can use your own bike... It's more $$$ to spend but it's not as expensive as the MSF. It's conducted by Training Wheels in BrockVegas (Brockton).

I have an S2R 800 and it was my first "real" motorcycle. I have just been taken it easy and thinking before I really crank it. I cover the horn and levers through all major intersections and I pretend I'm invisible. This is my second season (which everyone says is the most dangerous) but I put on 6000 miles on last year and I've been riding dirt for many years so I'm hoping that keeps me out of trouble.

Biggest thing is discipline. Cause as you know, these things haul a**!

Good luck! Let me know if your heading down the south shore! I live in Hanover.

Jon

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey guys,I'm from Revere, Just bought myself a 2002 620 ducati monster dark. I should have it out of the shop in a few days. It's getting a tune up, the exhaust packed, mirrors and a new headlight. I havent even gotten to ride the beast yet. I've only ridden my dirt bike a few times, but picked it up quickly. I've been driving my friends Ducati 998, which is pretty awesome. I feel like if I can handle the 998 I can handle the monster. Any tips on how the monster handles compares to the 998? I'm pumped and cant wait to ride.:p
-AThena,19.f

1 - 3 of 3 Posts