Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be taking the MSF corse next month and hopefully will get my monster soon ;D I appreciate all the advice I've gotten so far and cant wait to join the ranks.....man I'm glad I didn't buy that sv I looked at the otehr day,lol. Just gotta wait on some warm weather now and I'll be commuting in style and may even make it by hooter's a few times for bike night...sure gonna be nice to ride in amongst the harley crowd on a peice of Italian beauty [smiley=lips.gif]

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
I took the course too before getting my bike and license. Definitely a good thing. Learned a ton. Made me SO much more aware of everything around me. Mine was actually through a Harley Dealership, so we rode Buell Blasts all week. The MSF course through the state was booked here from now until eternity, so I paid the extra cash for a seat that was open that week. Even though it was a bit of a Harley ad, it was definitely worth it. But yeah, everyone I took the course with was into Harleys big time, but then again, I was the youngest guy there by at least 20 years. Still, friendly crowd and all. Have fun! ;)

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
You can never go wrong by taking the course, even taking it again in a couple years is even good!!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
congrats on taking the course. I wish more riders did.

One piece of advice, do not let the first day depress you. It can be a bit of a struggle. The other days can too, but just relax and learn, do not worry about passing or failing. It is not if you get your license but rather if you learn some life long good habits.

Personally I was shocked I passed given my performance but heck I unlearned a bunch of bad habits.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Took me two tries taking the MSF course, but I made it through last summer and got my Monster a few months later. Good luck and have fun.

·
Registered
477 Posts
It is a great course. I was the only one in the class that didn't have a Harley. All but 5 of them were there because they couldn't pass the riders test on their bike. Too big to handle the cones I guess.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I took the class in November. Great class, especially for the new rider. However, I could not do the figure 8 in the 20 foot box to save my life.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts