Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Milling over buying a monster for the last 2 months, but instead went to the dealership today and put down a deposit for first choice on the 1098 when it arrives in March. I'm excited to say the least! 8)

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
Without ever seeing it or riding a demo?

D

·
0 Posts
congrats, from the looks of things it will be amazing, nay-sayers be damned!

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
ah geez you lucky bast**d ;)

Congrats [thumbsup]

only one question, how are you gonna sleep from now 'til March?

jealous in montreal

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
[thumbsup]

·
Registered
124 Posts
r8pistol said:
Demo rides? I would love to find a dealer allowing demo rides. I can see allowing it if you've already put down a deposit. But, a demo day? I need to live closer to that dealer.

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
slowpoke13 said:
Demo rides? I would love to find a dealer allowing demo rides. I can see allowing it if you've already put down a deposit. But, a demo day? I need to live closer to that dealer.
Dealer near me has demo models for practically every Ducati model save the limited edition ones. No offense to the guy putting a deposit down on a bike he's never even seen before, just kinda surprised me is all.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Dealer here has demos for every model in the line up as well. But, I'm thinking the 1098 might be a bit more limited...

·
Premium Member
1,941 Posts
Good for you. I am envious. Hope it turns out better than everyone hopes it will.

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
slowpoke13 said:
Dealer here has demos for every model in the line up as well. But, I'm thinking the 1098 might be a bit more limited...
Why, it will just be the standard SBK in the lineup? They'll have a 1098 demo bike available to ride just like every other year...

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
The very best of luck to you. And might I say you are the bravest man I know. You know that bike is a Ducati right? You know that bike will not run right, have unlimited problems, break down on you left and right and be recalled 12 times. It's a Ducati. It will be years before that bike is perfected enough for me to spend my hard earned cash. But that's just my opinion.

But, congratulation and the best of luck.

What color will you choose?

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
r8pistol said:
I'm sure it's refundable in case he thinks the bike looks like ass. Just gives him first choice of refusal.

Thumper said:
The very best of luck to you. And might I say you are the bravest man I know. You know that bike is a Ducati right? You know that bike will not run right, have unlimited problems, break down on you left and right and be recalled 12 times. It's a Ducati. It will be years before that bike is perfected enough for me to spend my hard earned cash. But that's just my opinion.

But, congratulation and the best of luck.

Why do you own a ducati again? :p

I don't believe the **9 series had any major problems at introduction...I could be wrong though.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
For the most part, Ducati has advanced in the world of technology since the early 90's when bikes were horribly difficult to maintain and keep running like the japanese counterparts. Similar, from a corporate perspective, to HDMC in the 80's with the AMC bikes breaking down and then an evolution to the evolution (if you know what I mean...) that eventually lead to the revolution we have today. I'm sure this has lost everyone by now, but you get my point. Ducati's not going anywhere and the new 1098 will have it's faults, but I'm willing to put up with the bad to get the good. ::)

I'm starting to sound like Yogi Berra or something. Got really nice last night and I must be still feeling it this morning if you know what I mean..

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
You got really nice last night? Ha, I'm lost [laugh]

You mean sex, alcohol or maybe a sugar high from to much ice cream?

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thumper said:
My preference is a 1098 S biposto in Carbon black with red frame. I'm looking at putting some BST CF wheels on it right from the get go.

My second preference would be the Ducati corse red, of course [thumbsup]

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
hmmmmm, black with a red frame and carbon wheels? Sounds like a show piece there. I wouldn't even ride it. I'd park it in the center of my living room for a showpiece and polish it everynight while watching tv :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts