Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woohoo!!!

After looking at a few different bikes an lurking around this site I finally pulled the trigger on a red 2003 620 leftover. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. This is my first street bike and I can't wait to pick it up later this week.

The dealer offered to discount accessories so I was thinking of getting a new exhaust put on. Is there a common choice for the 620? I've found several posts about termi, remus and fbf but no real recommendations. Like most people I want the best "bang for the buck".

Once again, thanks for eveyone's help and Woohoo!

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
Termi's are damn expensive me thinks. They are sweet but unless you get a good deal I don't think they're worth the extra $$. Personally I don't think slip-ons are that different so go with what looks the best to you. I don't know of any slip-ons that are poorly made and I would think they would have turned up on this board by now.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
I have ducati performance remus low carbon ovals on my 620. I think they look great and sound great. Have fun with the new bike.

·
Registered
856 Posts
I've got Sil Moto carbon low mounts on my 620. They look great and sound pretty bad a$$. Also, like 15-20 lbs lighter than the stock cans.

There are a lot of great places online to compare with what the shop wants to charge you.

I know my shop wanted to put on Termi's for way more than I wanted to spend.

motowheels.com
motostrano.com

etc

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
if you plan on using saddle bags, low mounts. carbon stays cooler. other than that, it's a preference/ cost decision.

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
You may not want to hear this but I would recommend you put the money into some good gear. If you have decent gear it makes your riding a lot more comfortable/enjoyable. I would think about the mods after you've ridden the bike a while and have a sense about what you want to change.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Good advice

·
Registered
852 Posts
Also try the SpareShack website. RoadRacing and Vipers (cheap) and SilMotors.

Personally I think the LeoVince sounds great on the 620.

Gloves...my head rings with "Dainese, Dainese...Spidi, Spidi..."

There are quite a few choices on KneeDraggers, too.

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
This is his first street bike...

There are quite a few choices on KneeDraggers, too.
And you're recommending knee draggers already? ;)
I hope he's at least taken the MSF course!

·
Registered
852 Posts
Just to clarify! Kneedraggers.com has a good selection of gear and is generally priced very well. Go there to get your GEAR, not replacement knee sliders!

No, please don't try to "drag your knees" yet. Actually I find it really hard to drag my sliders on my Monster, the pipe drags first. ;D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts