Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Well I picked up a new Monster 1100 over the weekend it had a solid 2 Miles on it when I drover her off the show room floor.. So far love the bike and so does the wife, But have been keeping it under 5k RPM but the bike still feels like it should be fun after its been broken in...

Anyhow I'm looking for a new set of tail pipes for it, maybe increase the HP a little and look better.. any suggestions???

Thanks,

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Took the pics in the back yard, Not a pro by any means but should do some justice to it.. Put on 170 miles so far its a blast..

Ducati Monster 1100,

·
Registered
156 Posts
Congratulations. You are gonna love this bike.

I just took delivery of my new M1100S just a few weeks ago. I had my dealer install the carbon Termi slip ons at time of delivery so I have never ridden the bike with the stock exhaust.

There are several aftermarket companies manufacturing exhaust systems for the Monster. I chose the Termi set up as they also include a new race ECU and air filter element. The Termi's are more expensive than others but they do come with the ECU and there is no impact on warranty. Check out the posts in the accessories and mods section, there are lots thoughts from other's.

You might want to think about losing the frame stickers. Lots of posts on this also but the old hair dryer trick does seem to work the best for removal. I took the suggestions of other posters and put the frame stickers in the owners manual.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ive been lookin for some pipes that stockers look brutal, and maybe a carbon cover for the gauges, and the sticker removal would really clean it up.. thats goin on the list of things to do..

Thanks for the input.. oh one more thing with the race ecu and exhaust what type of hp gains are we talkin?

·
Registered
156 Posts
That seems to be the big question. There are several posts regarding performance gains with a wide array of answers but I have never found an actual dyno print out verifyng any real gains. Lots and lots of opinions though! There does seem to be a general consensus about cleaner throttle response and re-programmed air-fuel ratio to take out a bit of the lean condition from stock.

For me, there were 2 primary reasons I elected the carbon Termi's besides the warranty issue from an earlier post. Looks and sound. I personally do not like the appearance of the stock cans, that is why I purchased the bike new with the Termi's. The second is the sound. I prefer to ride with the db killers out and do not find them as loud as some other posters. I don't want to be known as the loud motorcycle guy but there are a zillion HD's on the road that are way more loud the the M1100S without db killers.

A side benefit of the carbon Termi's is that they are quite a bit cooler to the touch for that once in a while 2 up ride.

·
Registered
3 Posts
There was this solider named Big Boss who was cloned 3 times resulting in Liquid, Solid, and Solidus Snake. Solid killed Big Boss and then went to Alaska to retire. Big Boss was making a Metal Gear which is pretty much a walking nuke. In the 2nd game, some terrorists hijack a oil plant which turns out to actually be a Metal Gear. Everyone thought that Solid led the hijacking but it was Solidus.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts