Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad:

Slipped at work doing an alignment, shoulder popped out and shoulder popped in. Oh the pain, the nausea, the cool clamy dizzy feeling you get from major trauma. Went to doctor and sure as ****, slightly dislocated right shouder. So much for riding for several weeks. I tried to sit on bike first thing when I got home and it aint happening now for sure. :mad:

·
Registered
796 Posts
Re: Just perfect

Sorry to hear it, Ill bet your post count will go up in the next few weeks. :-/

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
That sucks. :(

Not much consolation, but I guess the best part is that it popped back in, so you didn't have to suffer that. :-/

You can still drink a beer left handed, I hope.
Did the doc give you any happy pills?

Take it easy & heal quick.

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

No pain pills, the bugger didnt think I needed them. Thats ok, Ill just snuggle up with whatever beer is around here. I just put it on the desk and use a straw Nick. Who has to hold em? ;D

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts

You need one of the hats with the beer holders and tubes.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Beer through a straw?:eek:
Cripes, man, you're going to get struck by lightning doing that. The earth will tilt off it's axis.....

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Ill have to take that chance Nick I need to type with theleft and the right ones not working as well as it should, so the beer-straw thingy will be ok for a day or so ;) Besides its kinda like a Beer Shotgun ;D

D

·
0 Posts

Make sure you get some outpt therapy when the doctor clears you. If not let me know and I'll hook you up with some exercises. Are you in a sling?

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Ive ridden this road before Tim. I had rotator cuff surgury in 85 and spent several months in a sling, so as far as wearing one now the dr didnt think it was necessary so I wont grab my old one unless it gets really bad again.

Too bad I cant drink at work. :)

R

·
0 Posts

hmmmmmm.....well I guess you will learn some new skills with the left hand?
I assume you have the wall mounted bottle opener in the garage?

P

·
0 Posts

Ouch! You need to find a new doctor if he didn't give you any happy pills. Sorry to hear about it John. Does this mean you can't help me install my clipons? If so I think I should have some consolation in riding the 851. Only kidding man. Give me a call if you need someone to open your beer for you.

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Oh I can help ya Patrick. I am able to move it around ok, I just cant lean on it very long.

Kev I just get the wife to open the beer :)

·
Premium Member
236 Posts

That sucks. I can relate somewhat, however. I had surgery a few weeks ago and I'm on a medication that's probably going to keep me off the bike until August :-( It's so bad I'm going to have my bikes hauled to my brother's house so they can get ridden once in a while!

Mark

R

·
0 Posts

So John are you working still?
Hopefully not.......take it easy....hope this doesn't affect your moving plans, call if you need any help.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts