Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
I bought my 696 new in 09 and just peeled off stickers, looks great! Just turned 73,000 miles last weekend. Bike runs great! View attachment 224879
For 73,000 that thing looks damn good. You must clean the hell out it and put in many hours. I've got a 2012 796 that I picked up in February with 5800 and just about to turn 8000 now. Only hope that mine can make it that long. What's the secret and our maintenance tips?

·
Registered
10 Posts
For 73,000 that thing looks damn good. You must clean the hell out it and put in many hours. I've got a 2012 796 that I picked up in February with 5800 and just about to turn 8000 now. Only hope that mine can make it that long. What's the secret and our maintenance tips?
Thanks, I know we all take pride in our machines! Regular maintenance, And lots of riding for sure. I live in Sacramento Ca. The Sierra Nevada mountains and beautiful pacific coast make for sublime riding all year long. I’m addicted to riding my little 696. Had to replace clutch and fork seal’s along the way, pretty regular stuff. Of course other regular consumables but bike has been mostly flawless✌ My weight is only about 140 lbs and at 5’ 6” it’s like this bike was made for me!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts