Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

Just joined the Club! Could use some guidance

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  KGoheen 
#1 ·
Hey guys!

I’m excited to join the Monster community. I bought a used 2017 Monster 821 today with 4k miles and could not be more thrilled!! God does Ducati makes a wonderful machine.

I could use some help understanding the exhaust that came with the bike.

It appears as though the bike has Termignoni race slip ons, but I am not 100 percent sure and to be honest I don’t know anything about motorcycle exhaust systems (Pictures attached). I’d really appreciate it if somebody more experienced could give me some guidance on what exactly they are as well as whether I need to worry about an inspection.

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Car

See less See more
#2 ·
Hey guys!

I’m excited to join the Monster community. I bought a used 2017 Monster 821 today with 4k miles and could not be more thrilled!! God does Ducati makes a wonderful machine.

I could use some help understanding the exhaust that came with the bike.

It appears as though the bike has Termignoni race slip ons, but I am not 100 percent sure and to be honest I don’t know anything about motorcycle exhaust systems (Pictures attached). I’d really appreciate it if somebody more experienced could give me some guidance on what exactly they are as well as whether I need to worry about an inspection.
You are correct, those are the Termis. What are you concerned about regarding inspection?

#5 ·
Check with your local police, but don’t give them your real name ! Hardly anyone runs stock exhaust on a Ducati, some models come with Termis or have the option. I don’t think there is going to be a problem. Ask your nearest bike shop.

#7 ·
I have a 2019 821 and have installed the Termi Race slip ons. Yours look the same as the ones I have installed and remapped. If they are the same, they are designated “race” and eliminate the catalytic converter which means they should not pass an inspection. If, when you turn the key on, the Ducati shield first appears followed by the word “RACING”, you have the Termi race slip ons and it has been remapped. BTW, I love the look and sound of them. I run with the dB killers. Pic attached.
Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Motorcycle Automotive tire

#8 ·
Yes this is exactly what I have. It says race when the bike turns on. My local shop passed the inspection which is great. Is there anything I need to do with the mapping? I’m assuming the previous owner installed correctly, but just asking the question. Thanks everyone for the responses!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.