Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

I’m excited to join the Monster community. I bought a used 2017 Monster 821 today with 4k miles and could not be more thrilled!! God does Ducati makes a wonderful machine.

I could use some help understanding the exhaust that came with the bike.

It appears as though the bike has Termignoni race slip ons, but I am not 100 percent sure and to be honest I don’t know anything about motorcycle exhaust systems (Pictures attached). I’d really appreciate it if somebody more experienced could give me some guidance on what exactly they are as well as whether I need to worry about an inspection.

87ACAC11-E25C-43BB-8F38-283638F4BA3E.jpeg

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey guys!

I’m excited to join the Monster community. I bought a used 2017 Monster 821 today with 4k miles and could not be more thrilled!! God does Ducati makes a wonderful machine.

I could use some help understanding the exhaust that came with the bike.

It appears as though the bike has Termignoni race slip ons, but I am not 100 percent sure and to be honest I don’t know anything about motorcycle exhaust systems (Pictures attached). I’d really appreciate it if somebody more experienced could give me some guidance on what exactly they are as well as whether I need to worry about an inspection.
You are correct, those are the Termis. What are you concerned about regarding inspection?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are correct, those are the Termis. What are you concerned about regarding inspection?
I have read that certain exhausts don’t pass inspections on bikes because of emissions regulations or if they are a race exhaust (not street legal). Is this true or in my case are they fine?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have read that certain exhausts don’t pass inspections on bikes because of emissions regulations or if they are a race exhaust (not street legal). Is this true or in my case are they fine?
Do you have motorcycle inspections in your state? Even in strict California, we don't have any inspections, or emissions checks. We may get cited for noise, but that's about it.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Check with your local police, but don’t give them your real name ! Hardly anyone runs stock exhaust on a Ducati, some models come with Termis or have the option. I don’t think there is going to be a problem. Ask your nearest bike shop.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Also, those Termis should have removable baffles. Leave them in if there is a noise limit.

No noise or anything where I am

Rex

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a 2019 821 and have installed the Termi Race slip ons. Yours look the same as the ones I have installed and remapped. If they are the same, they are designated “race” and eliminate the catalytic converter which means they should not pass an inspection. If, when you turn the key on, the Ducati shield first appears followed by the word “RACING”, you have the Termi race slip ons and it has been remapped. BTW, I love the look and sound of them. I run with the dB killers. Pic attached.
DA1D1B79-FE2D-42C2-9CCB-A6FF3821F4D2.jpeg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a 2019 821 and have installed the Termi Race slip ons. Yours look the same as the ones I have installed and remapped. If they are the same, they are designated “race” and eliminate the catalytic converter which means they should not pass an inspection. If, when you turn the key on, the Ducati shield first appears followed by the word “RACING”, you have the Termi race slip ons and it has been remapped. BTW, I love the look and sound of them. I run with the dB killers. Pic attached. View attachment 224829
Yes this is exactly what I have. It says race when the bike turns on. My local shop passed the inspection which is great. Is there anything I need to do with the mapping? I’m assuming the previous owner installed correctly, but just asking the question. Thanks everyone for the responses!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yes this is exactly what I have. It says race when the bike turns on. My local shop passed the inspection which is great. Is there anything I need to do with the mapping? I’m assuming the previous owner installed correctly, but just asking the question. Thanks everyone for the responses!
If it says “Race” when you turn the key on, then it means that it’s been remapped. You’re good t go! If the previous owner kept the OEM exhaust, it might be good to get it in case you wanted to make it “legal” again (at least in CA). You would need to remap again to the stock exhaust.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts