Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am the happiest person ;D ;D ;Djust got on my new 07 s4r!have been out of the ducati family for 3 years due to an aprilia tuono!the monster is awesome and thank god the weather here in greece is still quite shiny!!so,hello to all of you!will post comments on the bike as soon as possible!any recommendations are wellcome! [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Hi powerbiker and congrats on your new ride!

[thumbsup]

[clap]

·
Registered
294 Posts
Congrats, I love that bike.

SHADOWCHASER said:
How about some photos of your new girl?
+1 [thumbsup]

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Congrats! If I come to Greece, can I hang out on your couch for a month or so? ;D

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
Wahoo! Congratulations.

I would like to know why you bought the S4R (I have one too) and why switch from the Tuono? Also, when you post up with your impressions of the new (awesome) bike, how is it to ride around Greece?

·
Registered
119 Posts
good choice !! ;D i ride with a buddy that has an 07 s4r and we have a blast!

·
Banned
550 Posts
Great Choice...... Have just got one as well (S4R). Got to love that Titanium colour... So now is the time to reach under the bed for the slush fund for the Termi's.....

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
powerbiker said:
i am the happiest person ;D ;D ;Djust got on my new 07 s4r!have been out of the ducati family for 3 years due to an aprilia tuono!the monster is awesome and thank god the weather here in greece is still quite shiny!!so,hello to all of you!will post comments on the bike as soon as possible!any recommendations are wellcome! [thumbsup]
Congrats bro.. best/useful mods for your bike:

1. Ducati Performance 50mm Termignoni kit with ECU and filter

2. Frame sliders www.rg-racing.com

3. Rear CF mud guard (if you ride all year round in all weathers)

4. 14tooth front sprocket (something I should have done when I bought my Rs)

Enjoy the bike man.. post some pics when you get a chance.

Regards,
NuTTs

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thaks guys for the warm wellcome!as for the comparison with the tuono,it is really early to tell,but the monster feels really lighter, and with much more grunt at the low revs.also this thing has THE BRAKES! [thumbsup] [thumbsup]they are almost to much!!!!!!i am already saving for the termis!has anybody tried the arrows?finally i do not think that a 14 tooth is really needed but i am only running the motop in, so can not really tell!!!!

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
I have Arrows, but I got my bike used and it came with them, so I can't tell you what the difference is between stock pipes and the Arrows. You can do a search of "exhausts" to see a bunch of different pipes on the S4R. I'm liking my pipes very much, but you should think about how you want your bike to look. Some pipes, like my Arrows, have both cans on the right side. Some, like Sils and a bunch of others, split the exhaus (one on each side). And the Quat-D or Quad-D (I can't remember) is a really unique but awesome look too, in which the exhaust ends before the rear wheel.

One thing I regret about my exhaust, while it sounds really great, is that it hides my rear wheel and single-sided swingarm. Ok, I ranted on my bike. I need to go out and polish it so it doesn't get angry at me.

Read this post about exhaust for the S4R: http://www.ducatimonster.org/smf/index.php?topic=70624.msg903068#msg903068

·
Registered
832 Posts
Great bike......

You will not be disappointed....

I bought the DP kit with the SPS cams, as well as the 50mm full Termi pipes (Arrow are not a full system, they are 3/4) ECU and airbox/filter....

Enjoy your ride man....

Ita

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Nutts got it right on the mods. You don't need much, but those mods really transform the bike into what I believe the builders intended it to be, if they didn't have to get by the Euro and DOT/EPA guys.

What may really impress you is the smoothness of the engine. Like silk.

Change the front sprocket to a 14t now. DIY and only takes 15 min. and less than $40. The only cheap mod for a Ducati and the single most influential on all around driveablity and performance.

CRG lane splitter mirrors are good too.

You will love it. Give it time though. Even for a well seasoned rider, it takes at least 3000 and maybe 5000 mi. to really learn the bike. Keep in mind that it DOES NOT like to run below 4000 rpm in top gear.

LA

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
How is riding in Greece? I would worry that I would get the bike going 100 mph and then couldn't stop in time before going off the island into the ocean. How are the Greek women, too? Do they go nuts for your bike? Stories and pics please!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts