Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just picked up my new ride...a 99 monster 900. Charcoal grey, 8800 miles, carbon slip ons, carbon hugger, carbon beer tray cover and bar end mirrors. I always wanted a blue and white s4r but just couldnt spring for the coin. This bike was cheap enough that I couldnt say no. Its my 3rd Ducati but my first Monster.....A few observations and comments. What the hell is with the awful kickstand and how do I fix it? Why would they build one without a Tach? My bike has been lowered but its too low fo me. It looks like they just slid the forks up into the trees but I cant tell what they did to the rear. I would like to chop the tail right away and get rid of all the emisions nonsense and just clean up the look. Upon my test ride I grabbed a handful of throttle and the wheel went skyward, I pulled back into the driveway and said to the guy...lets put it in my truck.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Someone sells a bolt or something to fix the stand (CA Cycleworks?)
Tachs were,'t in the stripped down theme back then but you can find the DP units with the LED tach sometimes, not sure if they make them anymore though...
The newer bikes have a ride-height adjuster, not sure what the older models had.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Very nice!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts