Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:eek: Well finally did it! Got a pro Italia kit and did it. Piece of cake; looks great, highly recommend the kit for those that don't feel confident cutting, fabricating and rigging without instructions... Will post some pix in my photo section, but gee whiz, I suppose everyone know what it looks like already!

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
[smiley=waytogo.gif] The kit is pricey but looks perfect.

For some bikes with seat cowls, the kit doesn't leave enough margin above the stock turn signals so plan on replacements.

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I noticed that, but the stock ones bend down lightly and then fit fine. I was looking though at getting some of the mini Rizoma billet ones from Motowheels, they look pretty sweet. 8)

scooby ;D

G

·
hey scoob,
remember to get a couple plastic plugs for the open frame tubes from where you cut. wouldn't hurt to dab on a bit of primer on the ends as well to prevent rusting.
where to find the plugs? any bicycle shop should have an assortment for pennies. (handle-bar-ends)

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
man! I cant for my new 2k2 750d to look as good as yours!

What do you think of the Arrow exhaust? how is the sound?

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Arrow's sound sweet; however I don't have much to compare them too as there are no Monsters around my parts... :-/

I like em! The price was right also; I got them from joe at Motostrano on sale and they were a great deal...

scooby ;D

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Peter~
I have the Arrows and really love them... Your tail looks great,nice job. That was one of the 3rd things I did on mine ;)

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks AllyCat! I love the look; only took me 8 months, and 18 or so other mods to get to it! 8)

Peter

G

·
COOL! I bobbed my monsters tail less than an hour after bringing it home from the dealer. Just couldn't leave it alone.
Looks so muck better without all that "back".

G

·
Looks the business!

How's that PI bit mount anyway?

I fabbed up a bracket using material from a STOP sign and held the bracket on with Triumph Speed 3 bar end weights in the frame tubes, but I'm interested in all solutions.

G

·
Where do you get the pro italia kit?

Does anyone have pictures of a tail chop woth high mounts?
I know how it looks with the short pipes, but I was wondering if it would look strange with regular length pipes?

·
Registered
668 Posts
Nice bike Scooby !

Where is your ristorante ?

Ooops. Nice bike ....

Skier thinking food , I ll have pasta and olive oil,
fresh not yet, but soon, fresh pasta and fresh olive oil,
maybe I need to put some Acido balsamico on that salat,
but first I taste the wine, ,,,,,

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Dennis,

That's the one. Instructons were about a 6.0 on a 1-10 scale. But overall it is pretty obvious what to do, so the instructions don't really slow you down too much. ;) I would say for what I spent $ on it, it's worth it to not have to figure out and then fabricate the parts myself... But that's me.

scooby ;D

G

·
Not to be a pain in the butts, but do you have any close up shots of the work? Its so hard to see in the other pictures.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts