Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sweet! It's a used bone stock 2005, what a beauty. I can't get over how smooth this bike is in the turns. I did lock up the rear pretty easily though. Something I should pay attention to or am I just too eager? If it wasn't for the wind noise, I'd have no clue how fast I was going it's just so smooth. I look at the speedo and go whoa.
Here she is:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Very nice, Enjoy [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
AllanRR said:
Congratulations [thumbsup]. I see the tail is chopped already. Are you planning any mods in the near future?
Like the reflectors? I shouldn't talk... mine are off because the other forks I bought had them removed already. But thought I'd be first in with the reflector thing. ;D [cheeky]

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Congrats [thumbsup] Thats an awesome bike with an awesome colour scheme, but I am heavily biased since I have exactly the same one. ;D

The info available on this board is outstanding. Some guys here are extremely knowledgable.

People here warned me about moditis, I shrugged and went "yeah, yeah" I now spend a ridiculous amount of time thinking about exhausts and planning mods. Consider yourself warned ;)

rich

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Beautiful bike! ;D

As for locking the rear easily, you can adjust the brake pedal so it's further down which in turn requires more movement of your foot to activate it, thereby lessening the the pressure you apply when you brake.

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks folks. I was trolling around here before I bought so I know there's a wealth of info. And some very inspiring monsters.
As for mods, there's a slight dent in one of the exhaust cans so I'll have to replace that pronto! [cheeky]
I think I want to ride it a bit more to see what needs adjusting performance wise before I go to crazy with the bling. Haven't even gotten on the freeway yet. I think my experience with the rear lock up is just that the bike is so much lighter than I'm used to. I'm also wondering if I can modify that clutch so that the pull takes place over more than a 1/2 inch area.
And I bought it with the tail chop, the previous owner had the guys at Pro Italia do it.
I know reflectors aren't cool, but I'm always preaching safety to my sons, so I'm on that fence with that one. Doesn't really bother me.
I really dig the color scheme (obviously), but my son fell in love with it because his favorite car is the Shelby Cobra. In fact, I'm making a table with the Shelby style blue/ white stripe out of an old bass guitar body.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts