Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally took the plunge! I have wanted a Ducati Monster for quite sometime. This is my 4th motorcycle. 01 Ninja 250, 02 Yamaha R6, 04 Suzuki GSXR 750 and now finally the Monster! I am so psyched. I found out last Friday night that there was a Ducati dealer a few miles from me that I didn't know about. Apparently they took over another dealer's franchise about 5 months ago and I had no idea. I always wanted a Ducati but didn't want to drive 30 miles for service. She is silver and black and beautiful! I finally have a piece of my own heritage in my garage! No more Japanese bikes for me. Sorry I have no pics. I know this thread is useless without them. Ha ;D I am trying to get used to the v-twin engine. It is very interesting with the noises it makes! I love the torquiness of the motor. Only gripes I have are the lack of storage space and the silly helmet holder. Other than that I am in love! [cheeky]

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Congrats, you were wrong about this thread being useless without pics though. Your bike just doesn't exist to us until you post some. [cheeky]

Welcome to the asylum and get your credit card ready to start the mod bug. ;)

Tanya

·
Registered
966 Posts
I wouldn't sell mine even if you paid me what I have in it... and I have 6,000 miles on mine. It has been a hell of a lot of fun.

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you guys! Grifo I think I remember you here last year when I contemplated the idea of purchasing one of these multo belissimo machines! Sorry my Italian is rough! I am so upset that it is raining here in CT tomorrow. I may go through withdrawal! Hopefully by this weekend I will get my lady over here so we can take pics and then try and figure out how to post them. I finally feel part of a motorcycle society! Before I was just one of many but now no more! I have already received several compliments from people at my gym regarding the Monster. As far as mods go they will have to wait until the spring. I really like the bike the way it is! I may do a fender kit, pipe, and tinted windscreen. Other than that not sure what else I could really do.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Oh I'm sure we could give you plenty of suggestions on how to spend your money. [laugh]

Tanya

·
Registered
146 Posts
Wecome to the board..........the sickness begins!!!

·
Registered
943 Posts
peppeVR6 said:
I always wanted a Ducati but didn't want to drive 30 miles for service.
30 miles would be a treat for some members. When I was stuck in Louisiana for a year the nearest official dealership was in San Antonio or Dallas, both about an 8 hour drive :'(

Grats on your bike though! Welcome aboard.

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
gnostic203 said:
30 miles would be a treat for some members. When I was stuck in Louisiana for a year the nearest official dealership was in San Antonio or Dallas, both about an 8 hour drive :'(

Grats on your bike though! Welcome aboard.
Congrats on the bike...I'm lucky where I live.....there are 4 Ducati dealers within a 30 minute drive from my house. Closest being 12 minutes away!

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
You are going to find that the Ducati twin is much better than the I-4's. Once you get used to it, you will wonder why you didn't get one sooner.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
peppeVR6 said:
Thank you guys! Grifo I think I remember you here last year when I contemplated the idea of purchasing one of these multo belissimo machines! Sorry my Italian is rough! I am so upset that it is raining here in CT tomorrow. I may go through withdrawal! Hopefully by this weekend I will get my lady over here so we can take pics and then try and figure out how to post them. I finally feel part of a motorcycle society! Before I was just one of many but now no more! I have already received several compliments from people at my gym regarding the Monster. As far as mods go they will have to wait until the spring. I really like the bike the way it is! I may do a fender kit, pipe, and tinted windscreen. Other than that not sure what else I could really do.
took you a year but you came through ;) Molto bene bravo! Yeah I remember talking to you before.
My Duc dealer is 67 miles away well worth the trip!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts