Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK folks, I just picked up a Ducati Performance ECU form my 05 S2R (800) This is the one that makes the perfomance exhaust kit cost a SHITLOAD of mula$$$!!! So I got it for like a $125. Did I get hosed? Is this better than a PCIII? I'm running fully cored pipes and an open airbox. With plans to get rid of the ugly ass nut sac. I had my stock computer tweeked as much as the mathysis (spelling?) could do it at my local dlrshp, and seems fine, but my mechanic said its at the max and any more mods needs a new brain. ALso does anyone know if this is plug and play, or does anything need to be reprogrammed??? Pleas onlyanswer this if you know for sure! No guesses! I don't want to jack something up with the imobilizer system.

Thanks for any help

brew

·
Registered
71 Posts
The DP ECU is designed for the Termignoni exhausts and high-efficiency air filter. The PCIII is a little bit better because it is easy to program to your existing setup. I do not know how and if the DP ECU is programmable. It is not only plug and play.
For you is better to give me a second chance ::)

·
Banned
2,007 Posts
just as the std ecu is adjustable for overall trim only, so is the d/p ecu. the reason it's supplied in a kit with exhaust and filter is it has a preprogrammed map for that application. if you have the same exhaust and filter (or similar) you will be right to go, but don't think you can adjust the map at various points independantly of others because you can't. for that you need a power commander or it's equivalent competitor. also, your immobiliser will not work until you program it with the red key, and once that has been done it's useless for any other bike.
cheers,
paul.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
The map is fixed. AFAIK the CO adjustment has a curve to it and has an effect on the whole curve. Anyway, your favorite bladderless performance exhaust and open air box set to 4.5% co should work fine.

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
125 bucks? ? ? Where did you get that from? i hope it's not a used part, because my mechanic told me that if i ever want to sell my DP ecu, i won't be able because that little thingy is only programmed for my bike (immobilizer).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts