Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
My name is Rob and I am picking up a Monster 800Sei this weekend. I currently own a 1977 Moto Guzzi 850T3 and a 1975 Honda CB550 Cafe bike. I love Ducatis and I have been wanting one for a while, and am excited to join the ranks of the Ducatista!

My new to me Ducati is pretty much bone stock, so I will no doubt be looking for parts to customize it. First I have to get the valves and belts done, which seems like the first thing on most new Ducati owners' agendas, and then I will go after an exhaust. From there, who knows, but I am going to enjoy the hell out of my new bike as I go!
Rob

·
Registered
663 Posts
Where in Chicago? Come out and join us at Full Moon on Sunday mornings
Rt 41 just south of rt 137

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
live on the Northwest side. I have been to the full moon a couple of times. i hang out with some of the Chivinmoto guys, and I think I might have even seen posts from you on that list? I am actually scouring the eastern half of the nation right now for just the right monster. I decided not to buy the 800 because there was no red key. I talked to three dealers and Ducati North America and I decided that it was not worth the risk of having the immobilizer go off and needing to buy a new ECU etc. I am a little bit bummed but I know the right bike is out there and it is a good time to buy. I will update my posts with my search, and I am really finding some beautiful bikes out there.
I won't be in town this sunday but maybe next sunday I will ride one of my old bikes or my new ducati (knock on wood) up there.
rob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts