Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone.

Just a reminder that the International Motorcycle show will be in NYC on the last weekend in January. I've been the last few years and it's a blast. You get to be the first to see all the new bikes before they hit the showrooms, and there's a ton of other stuff to see and do. Not to mention you'll get to meet and hang out with DMLers from other areas. We hung out with the Desmo group last year and had a great time.

We usually go down for a few days because theres no way to see the whole show in one day. If you've never been to the Javit's Center you won't believe how big it is. Think the Bayside expo center times ten!

Anyway, if you want to go I would suggest booking a hotel now otherwise you may not find a room in a decent hotel. We stayed at the New Yorker last year and had good results. It's about a block away from the Javit's Center and they have an awsome diner in the lobby. Also, theres Macy's and tons of other shopping within walking distance.

Lastly (and this is directed at Duchockey and Toucan) the night life is outstanding! Red Rock West is about a 5 minute cab ride away. In case you're not familar with the Red Rock, it's where Coyote Ugly was filmed and the place is off the freakin' hook! Just do your self a favor and stay out of the Chelsea district. Trust me, you'll thank me later! Unless of course you like the men with the tight black leather pants and the ass cut out of them. [laugh]

·
Premium Member
1,008 Posts
Monstermash said:
Just do your self a favor and stay out of the Chelsea district. Trust me, you'll thank me later! Unless of course you like the men with the tight black leather pants and the ass cut out of them. [laugh]
You mean, stay out of the West Village. I worked for a commercial & media production firm on Hudson St about a block away from Christopher St for a while. Christoper St is the epicenter of homosexual culture in NYC.

It didn't bother me much (it was a safe place to walk around at night), but I didn't hit up bars there either! A hot girl from work invited me to a bar called 'Rubyfruit' after work one day. I didn't get the reference in the name of the bar. She was the hottest lesbian I've ever met, still to this day. Long story short, I nearly got turned away at the door for my obvious straightness except for the fact that she brought me there.

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Is it on the weekend of the 20th or 27th?

Last year it was 1/20-22

I went last year because my mother in laws birthday is on the 20th. They live in Manhatten and I just shot over the Javits for "business".

C

I just checked the Javitts website... The show is 1/19-21 (07). Not the last weekend.

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Supero100 said:
You mean, stay out of the West Village.
You're right. Actually, Chelsea Rocks. Lots of excellent food.

BTW...Hogs and Heffers is what Coyote Ugly was actually based on.

And don't miss the Cheyenne Diner at 9th and 33rd. And Stitch Bar and Lounge on 37th. And the Ear Inn. And...

Uh, sorry...I got carried away. I'm going to make it this year.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I usually don't need too much of a reason to head down to NYC for a little bit of partying. And this is a damn good one. However, my "profession" (accountant) (stand back! I am a professional at what I do!) makes that a difficult time of year to get away. If I make it, it will be last minute decision, and I'll just have to live with whatever hotel I get.

As an aside, I was talking to a guy a few months ago, and he was telling me how he really wanted to move to Chelsea because it had turned into a nice neighborhood, but he wasn't sure he could swing it, because it was so expensive, blah, blah, blah. I was looking at this guy like he had 3 heads untill he explained that he was from New York. Apparently New York's Chelsea is much nicer than Boston's Chelsea.

OK, Chelsea threadjack over. I'll make it if I can.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Think I will be down I grew up in good old hackensack nj which is about 15 minutes from the GW. So if I can not get a room I will stay with my parents. Going to try to get a place in town so I can get out and live it up like the good old days. PM your info if any of you are going down and we can meet up or something.

lata,

-ghost

1 - 6 of 6 Posts