Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

3001 - 3006 of 3006 Posts

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
OT said:
* I used that site a lot in 2003/4 when deciding on my new bike [thumbsup]

* Drove a friend up to Newburgh NY on Sunday. Despite my objections, she insisted on going up NE Extension and across 84....So, after 130 miles of driving we're heading east on 84 when I see a sign for Lake Wallenpaupack(sic?) and it hits me -- f'in lethe lives on the NE side of the lake! The guy's nuts (or a machine) to ride all the way down to SEPA and to the other places we go to.....hats off to DeVal's own Iron Butt contender [thumbsup]
kenrok1 said:
yeah - my ass was tired just riding in a truck up to his place [cheeky]
Never said I was right in the head.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
re: Chysler 2wk shut down
could be for re-tooling... large GM plant (almost 5000 employees) where I used to live did that frequently

it was awesome to watch them move the equipment around w/helicopters

·
Premium Member
3,364 Posts
greg mo said:
wow, chrysler is shuting down entire company......for 2 weeks this summer,
cost saving move.......man economy must be weaker than they tell us :(
Historically, most refineries and chemical manufacturing plants close for a few weeks each year, too. Shut down all the process equipment so repairs & upgrades can be done.

Curious how they're not going to pay 'salaried' employees for two weeks.....wonder if that's illegal

·
Registered
419 Posts
Got out for about 45 min. locally today. Did 100(indicated) on Rt. 100. Cold hands, warm heart! ;D New bars are great! [thumbsup]

Woke up to 2 inches of snow in State College this morning. :p What a difference 170 miles makes!

3001 - 3006 of 3006 Posts