Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 M750 (carb of course). My question is what jet sizes should I run (what are you running with good results)? The bike is bone stock with the exception of some strati modified pipes and the noise snorkels removed from the air box. I live and ride in Toronto so my altitude is close enough to sea level for it not to matter too much. I am currently running the (lean) stock jetting.

I would rather not have to pay for the whole dyno run jetting changes from the dealer. My prefernce is to learn for free from someone else's dyno runs.... ;).

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
Order a Factory Pro jet kit (from the bottom of this page: http://www.ca-cycleworks.com/shop/catalog/ducati/fuel.html) and put in the middle set of main jets. On the M900, I found that the needle needed to be one step leaner than the center setting, but that made my bike run cleanly.

Factory Pro does a lot of work to get the right jets for each bike, so you know it's a good starting point. Full directions on how to do it are in the FAQ here on this site.

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
I replaced everything that had new parts in the kit.

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
I put a dynojet stage II jet kit in my mikuni's and ran a 138. It was perfect for my application. I also had a open K&N, and slip ons. I dyno'd right after and air/fuel was right on. I just followed the instructions in the kit and it put me right where I needed to be, the air mixture screw was out 3.5 turns from seated. I highly suggest this mod as the stock bikes are lean from the factory.
-Patrick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts