Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I've got a problem with my 1999 750 monster.The only mods are sill slipons and KN filter with stockairbox.I installed a factorypro jet kit 45 pilot,137.5 main and the new needle in the fourth clip down.The floats are set at 14mm. 3 turns out on the air screws. The plugs are still very light. My bike lean surged very badly untill i got to the fourth clip on the needle. Thank you.

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
So it's running good now? ???

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The bike runs smooth it's the plug color that worries me.That and the thread on lean running doing harm.I should say that i come from many years of dirt bikes and that two cv carbs are new to me. Most of the info Iv'e read shows the clip in the second position with the set up i have. The stock needles are very fat the new ones have an a sharp taper that allow a lot more gas. Thanks again this site has been very helpfull to first a time ducati owner.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maclaren are very secretive but I belive he has a lot of top end problems. Sat. he had a bad valve so they had to change motors. They use a compressed air system because valvesprings can't take the 19,000 rpm shifts! I love the sound of my ducati but if you ever get a chance to to hear an F1 car at full flight you would not belive it. Palle I too am very paranoid, on a two stroke lean is very bad. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
FWIW, since 2K miles my 750 with Arrow slipons, K&N and cut air box has had 42.5 pilot, 140 main, #3 needle position, and screw 2 1/2 turns out. It has always run very well and makes great power, except for a slight tendency to stall when coming to a stop which I attribute to the float level. If anything I think it's a bit rich. If your plugs are light tan, that sounds right to me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Paul D Thanks for a direct comparison. I thought with a stock air box there would be know way i would need the needle in the fourth clip but mabey it was the new emulsion tubes that leaned it out.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Maclaren are very secretive but I belive he has a lot of top end problems. Sat. he had a bad valve so they had to change motors. They use a compressed air system because valvesprings can't take the 19,000 rpm shifts! I love the sound of my ducati but if you ever get a chance to to hear an F1 car at full flight you would not belive it. Palle I too am very paranoid, on a two stroke lean is very bad. Thanks.
Grazie per informazione

1 - 9 of 9 Posts